Thursday, January 31, 2013
I’ve made a few dishes over the last few days and either they sucked or my photo’s sucked. Try taking gorgeous food pictures with a baby in one hand! Try taking gorgeous food pictures with a baby in one hand, who also has a double ear infection, pink eye, and 4 teeth coming in simultaneously. My baby also shared his Pink Eye with his sister, at least he has manners.
My house is like one big infected coughing leaking monster butt. It also feels weird to post these gorgeous pictures of my son and have the words infested coughing leaking monster butt on the page at the same time.
Speaking of leaking butts.
Anyways, what I’m trying to say is – My skills are fading! I am however, proficient in one arm dishwasher unloading, naptime mass cleanings, and tricking children into taking medicine… Ok well, I can trick my 4 year old into taking medicine. I have to actually sit on my baby, pry open his eyes, and pray to the gods accomplish this task.
Hope you’re all having a wonderful week!
Monday, January 14, 2013
Are you a Mombie? My toddler knows that I love zombie movies and I’m her mom, hence she has started calling me Mombie. I think that there are certain qualifiers..do you fit the bill?
1. You have re-fluffed your laundry, 4 times, for three days straight. There is also laundry waiting in the washer, and well…it’s been rewashed due to the faint odor of laziness. Note to self : Jennifer you are not nice for the environment.
2. Your car is so clean, not really. Your car is filled with sippy cups, Sofie the giraffe, lots and lots of glitter and a random latex glove - you have no idea where that came from.
3. You can eat an entire dinner in 3.5 seconds because that’s when the next request comes in for you to get up and fetch something for somebody else.
4. You have not worked out in a year unless you count chasing the baby who relentlessly tries to climb the stairs, stand in the tub while soapy, and mount all of his toys working out – yes I said mount his toys.
5. You are in bed by 915pm
6. You are up by 6am
7. You are in bed by 915pm
8. You are up by 6am
9. You dream about that ice cold glass of Sauvignon Blanc in your refrigerator, You dream about that ice cold glass of Sauvignon Blanc in your refrigerator starting at 6am.
Delightfully borrowed from My Baking Addiction, might as well venture to her site for the recipe. This Mombie gives credit where credit is due. This Mombie is also lazy, but I took pictures for you..that has to count for something. I also taste tested these bad boys and they were a delight on my tongue. Did you also notice how I added sparkles and daisy’s – gosh I’m good.