Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Blue Cheese Burgers to kick off grilling season



I was inspired at one of my favorite blogs

http://sugarcrafter.net/2010/05/31/pineapple-and-vegetable-kabobs/

to bust out the grill over the weekend, well inspired to force my husband to clean it off! HA. We decided to make these burgers and use a secret tip given to me by a co-worker. Let me first off say that I am not a huge fan of blue cheese but there are certain instances where it has a place in my life – this is one of them. The secret ingredient is old fashioned oats; they keep this burger so juicy you will always be adding them for any future burger grilling.



INGREDIENTS (makes 6 burgers of a healthy size)

• 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
• 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
• 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
• 3 tablespoons of old fashioned oats
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
• 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
6 Burger buns, or toasted bread



DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl – Combine all ingredients. Yeah, it just that easy!



Refrigerate for 1 hour, then fashion into patties of your liking. Then grill and eat and be merry! I topped mine with a Roma Tomato slice.



Happy Grilling

2 comments:

La Bella Cooks said...

It is definitely grilling season and I am so happy about that! I will try these out on my blue cheese loving husband. They look mouthwatering.

Tracy said...

Aww, thanks for the mention! LOVE these burgers and am definitely adding them to my to-make list!