Sunday, September 12, 2010

Apple & Goat Cheese Bruschetta





Cheese, oh how I love thee...let me count the ways.

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Sugar is Sweet
But dude, cheese is da'bomb


So kill me if I didn't rhyme.



INGREDIENTS

1 log of goat cheese
1 apple - peeled, cored, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
French Bread slices, use as much as you need depending on how much topping you like.



DIRECTIONS



Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack 3 to 4 inches from the heat source.


Toss together the goat cheese, apple, thyme, oregano, and pepper in a bowl; set aside. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet; toast the bread under the broiler until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.







Sprinkle the goat cheese mixture evenly over the bread slices. Return bread to oven to broil until cheese is softened, about 1-2 minutes more.







And now you can enjoy


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look absolutely scrumptious!

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

That looks incredible!

Julie said...

I truly love your poem..are you published ;)
I've come to admit I don't care for goat cheese (it was a very liberating experience), but I'll bet this would be great with some other soft cheese.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That is a wonderful combination! Delicious looking.

Cheers,

Rosa

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

I feel the same way about cheese! I love pairing fruit with goat cheese - the perfect combination.

Anonymous said...

i always have apples and goat cheese in my fridge and have never thought to put them together this way. i'll have to try this tonight!

aipi said...

I love bruschetta..n this one looks fab..wonderful combo of apples n cheese!

US Masala

Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

Okay, this sounds (and looks!) sooo great! Bookmarked!

Great blog!

Mary xo
Delightful Bitefuls

Monet said...

Apples, bread and cheese...you would know how to make me the perfect snack. I love eating Swiss cheese and apples, but I've never tried goat cheese before. I'm excited to give it a try!

Unknown said...

What a great combination! These sound and look delicious!

Tracy said...

Mmm, sounds amazing! Love the apple in there!

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Haha, great poem but an even better recipe! This is very creative! I'll have to keep this in mind the next time I have friends over. I love the apple and goat cheese pairing!

Barbara said...

Well, perhaps no prize for the poem, but the goat cheese on bruschetta....yes! Love the fresh herbs you used too.

Sue said...

Nothing better than bread, cheese and all sorts of other tasty goodies spread on that bread! YUM!

Eliana said...

I have never met a cheese I didn't like. And goat cheese is one of my favs. So I know I would be dangerous around a batch of these.

Clements Family said...

Yum! That looks amazing! Great pictures~

Alejandra Ramos said...

This combination sounds absolutely delicious! I will definitely be serving at my next party!

FOODESSA said...

Jennyfurla...you and my Hubby seem to have been cut from the same cloth...he loves cheese and also made it a point to work for the largest cheese co. in Canada...how's that for loving cheese ;o))

Great combo of flavours!

Ciao for now,
Claudia

scrambledhenfruit said...

This IS da'bomb! Love the apple/cheese combo. :)

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

Oh cheese and fruit is the perfect combination and this sounds so yummy! Thanks for the recipe!!

Monica H said...

I don't love gota cheese but I do like it. I think I'd like it even more with the apple in there!