Monday, July 9, 2012

Cilantro Garlic Chicken Rolls & Lime Sauce




This weekend was full of fun and disaster all at the same time. We celebrated my daughter’s birthday 2 weeks early, shhhhhhh…please don’t tell her she’s not truly 4 yet. We have some prior engagements on her birthday and decided to do it now.



Have you ever seen a toddler with no nap and 20 presents to open? Well, I have - and I lived to tell the story. I would say that she tore into all presents in less than 3 minutes total. She also ate 2 lbs of butter cream frosting, because vanilla cake is simply the vehicle in which the frosting arrives.



Did I also mention she had a rock launched at her from her “bestie” and it plowed right into her lip, and I’m sure I’ve told you that despite her feisty personality when it comes to getting hurt I only have one word to describe her “Drama” and maybe also “Weenie”. Please don’t tell her I said that.



I would also like to pray to god to please make my little baby sleep all night I swear I will never ask for anything else ever ever ever again…this week. I say this because back in high school I think I prayed for zits to go away and also swore back then to never ask for anything again.

Anywho, you should eat this.



INGREDIENTS

4-6 Thin Cut Chicken Breasts
2 Limes, juiced, and zested
3 tbs of minced garlic
3 tbs of chopped cilantro
3 tbs of softened butter
2 tbs of vegetable oil, or more for frying
3 tbs of light brown sugar
Salt & Pepper
Toothpicks



DIRECTIONS

Add chopped garlic and chopped cilantro to the softened butter, combine well. Lay your thin cut chicken breast flat and coat each one with the same amount of the butter mixture, lightly sprinkle with salt & pepper.



Roll each chicken breast into a roll, and keep closed with toothpicks. Salt and Pepper again.



Add vegetable oil to a large frying pan or wok, bring to a medium high heat. Add your chicken and pan fry, turning often for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.



Remove chicken from pan and let rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, the sauce. Add into your already hot pan the lime juice, zest, and brown sugar. Let the sauce simmer for 3-5 minutes and become thick. Remove from heat.



Remove toothpicks from chicken and slice into circles, pour sauce on top of chicken..ENJOY

10 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Delicious! I love the flavors.

Cheers,

Rosa

Unknown said...

YUM!
Love the tiara get up as well!

Kristen said...

Happy (early) birthday to your Indigo. the chicken looks excellent, very creative.

Sprigs of Rosemary said...

I will definitely eat this, as you direct. Your little princess is priceless, drama and all. (Did the zits go away?)

pam said...

I agree with your daughter, cake is simply to hold up lots and lots of icing.

Anonymous said...

That sounds so delicious! And your presentation is just beautiful :)

Sara Louise said...

Yes, I will definitely eat this!
And are Indigo and her Bestie still besties after the rock throwing incident?

Chris said...

Best friends rock! ;)

And apparently so do these little beauties. Trying to think of a way to do them on the grill but still get the pan sauce because these sound awesome.

Cinnamon and Thyme said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cinnamon and Thyme said...

So delicious! Thank you for the recipe :).