Monday, August 1, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes



This weekends party was a smashing success. I don’t know about you but when we throw parties it is almost like I’m working. My whole goal is to keep smiles on faces and working is no problem for me if my goal is reached.

Enter, Princess Package Bouncy House…





Parents, this contraption really makes life easier. I dubbed this bouncy house the “container of happy children don’t have to worry about what my kid is up to wonderful colorful and great now I can be a lazy parent built in babysitter bouncy house”.

Basically – Bouncy Houses R U L E





What else ruled about that day you might ask? Great, let me tell you.

1. Bouncy House (that is numero uno)
2. Snow Cone Machine (came with the package, and yes it totally ruled)
3. Me & Dear Husband
4. Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
5. All the kids emptying the bouncy house to eat the cupcakes, which makes me rule doubly because I made them and also I forgot to  put on Mascara that day and wondered why I looked so odd - didn't figure it out till that night and yes that was random and yes this is s very run on sentence.







Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes (2 dozen)
Delightfully borrowed from Half Baked
{Printable Recipe}

For the cake:
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup Pink Lemonade powder mix
1 cup milk
3 Tsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp lemon zest (zest of 1 lemon)
1 tsp vanilla






DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners
2. In medium bowl mix together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, lemonade powder and lemon zest, set aside.
3. In bowl of stand mixer cream butter and sugar on medium speed until combined.
4. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
5. Add the lemon juice and vanilla and mix well.
6. Gradually add the dry ingredients and milk, alternating starting and ending with the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
7. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
10. Once cupcakes are completely cool, ice with Strawberry Lemon Frosting and garnish with a jelly belly on top.





For the Strawberry Butter cream:

2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
3 Tbsp strawberry puree (from about 5-6 strawberries)

DIRECTIONS

1. In bowl of stand mixer cream butter for 1-2 minutes.
2. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar and continue mixing scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
3. Mix in strawberry puree
4. Place the icing in a piping bag and Squeeeeeeze.


PS – I did everything with my hand mixer.
PPS – Decorated my cakes with Jelly Bellies


38 comments:

Unknown said...

Cupcakes + bounce house = toddler heaven on earth :)
You have created the perfect summertime cupcake, darling!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} said...

I'm a little afraid of bounce houses myself! But these cupcakes... I could easily throw down a dozen... EASILY!!!

jenn from midlife modern said...

I would like to spend my day jumping in a bouncy house and eating strawberry lemonade cupcakes. Adopt me?

Unknown said...

Glad the party went well - these cupcakes sound delicious!

Dilah Naim said...

looks delicious..must try it one day..hope u don't mind if i use your recipe.. ^_^

Bo said...

Who doesn't love a bouncy house, cupcakes, and snow cones.

Mary said...

Oh, those cupcakes are adorable and your little girl is just precious!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Exquisite! Those cuècakes are wonderful.

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Aw... what a fun party and with delicious looking cupcakes too!

Unknown said...

Yes bouncy houses rule!! And so do those cupcakes!!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

What a fun recipe. Looks like she had a happy birthday :)

Candace said...

You couldn't rent those when my son was at the age to enjoy them. We could only randomly find them at McD's. And snow cone machines? fuhgeddaboutit! Times have definitely changed for the better! About the cupcakes? Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

So lovely! Your little one is SO adorable - and the cupcakes don't look half bad either!
Mary

Unknown said...

I love bouncy house, but perhaps (definitely) too old for it now (or maybe not?!). The cupcakes look like a lot of fun.

Kristen said...

looks like indy had a great bday!!! score major points for you and dad!

Leesha said...

Something about a food item with the name of a drink in it makes me think it just HAS to be delicious!

Your commentary always makes me laugh too.

aipi said...

Hey Indigo.. how I wish I was your age so I could come and jump in the bounce house with you and eat that delicious creamy cupcake... where's the party tonight?

Kim said...

Look at those cute litte red cheeks. That's when you really know they have a good time!

I've been hearing good things about all these lemonade cakes and cupcakes. They look so cute!

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

Well, I love strawberries and love lemonade..yum! And I love the new look of your site!

The Harried Cook said...

Adorable cupcakes... but nothing cuter than your daughter and her little friends! Sounds like a fabulous party! With a bouncy house, snow cones & those cupcakes, how could it not be :) Great post! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Val said...

Yay, for Bouncy House Fun! Looks like a great birthday party. Those cupcakes look so tasty!

scrambledhenfruit said...

So glad Indigo had a Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fun party with yummy cupcakes! :)

trump said...

Wow that looks sweet, and i bet those kids loved it. Richard

Anne said...

The birthday girl is too cute and her cupcakes sound yummy!

Joyti said...

The birthday girl looks SO cute. And those cupcakes sound delicious.

teresa said...

what a fun party!! love the bounce house, adn the cupcakes look like a total hit!

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

She's such a cutie! Darling cupcakes; love the flavor combination too!

Lorraine said...

She is adorable! The cupcakes are pretty cute too and sound delicious:)

Mary said...

Bouncy castles do rule! I'd love to spend the day in an adult one and then eat cupcakes. Bliss!

Pam said...

Bouncy houses do rule! I want these cupcakes for MY birthday.

Tracy said...

These look so light and lovely! A perfect summer treat. :-)

Clements Family said...

Oh my goodness...I feel like I need these NOW!!!

The Cilantropist said...

Wow, a sno-cone machine came WITH the bouncy house?? Now, that is one sweet deal. :) Love these happy photos!

trump said...

Im not sure adults could get away with eating those like kids could. Only the young..... Richard

Monet said...

Ah...what a great birthday party! It looks like it was a smashing success. And the cupcakes? Just wonderful. Thank you for sharing this delicious treat! I hope you had a great Thursday...the weekend is almost here!

Unknown said...

Girl, you crack me up!!! lol

Oh.. and the cupcakes look and sound amazing!

Sue said...

Those look like some well-loved cupcakes, and a very well-loved little birthday girl!

Chris said...

Bounce houses are a blast for adults too. Those cup cakes are so adorable, just like your Indigo.