Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken




Listening…a definite skill

Its 5pm, bordering on the evening time when your baby is holding on to you like it’s going to be tossed overboard like last weeks cruise buffet. You begin to realize you have a very small window in which to toss the little chickens into the bath so that daycare does not find them offensive.



Chicken number one is only 6 months old and truly has no say or choice in the matter. Chicken number 2 is four, a rascally four…and often cries deaf around this time of night. The first thing I do is tell Chicken 2 that it’s time for a bath. Chicken 2 remains glued to Team Umi Zoomi…I mean their counting shapes dude and this causes ear blockage for parental voices.



Try number 2 involves you letting the 4 year old know that the 6 month old is about to have the time of their lives in the fabulous bath tub. Chicken number 2 turns her head just the slightest but is distracted by a long lost Barbie boot under the couch….plan foiled.

Try number 3 is where you pull out the big guns..want to know what a toddler can hear over cartoons and finding long lost Barbie boots…Go upstairs..tip toe…now use your best actress voice and say “Mmmmmmmmm this chocolate milk is soooooo good!”



5..4..3..2..1 Your toddler has now made her way up the stairs.

5..4..3..2..1 Your toddler now realizes you have tricked her, there is NO Chocolate Milk.

5..4..3..2..1 Grab toddler, disrobe her..toss her into the tub

Mission complete.



Delightfully borrowed from Slender Kitchen

Ingredients
1.5 lbs of chicken breast tenderloins
1 red pepper, diced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup  soy sauce
1/2 tbsp cumin
1/2 tbsp coriander
*Soba noodles (cooked)

Directions
Add the chicken, red peppers, and onions to the bottom of the slow cooker.
In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, chicken broth, cumin, and coriander. Pour over the chicken.
Cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Break into smaller pieces with a fork and serve over soba noodles.


24 comments:

Michele said...

Mmm, you had me at peanut! Can't wait to try. And your little guy is so adorable!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That looks delicious! Anything peanutty gets my vote...

You son is so cute!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anna said...

Tricking children into doing stuff is my favorite pastime! Though with my nephews I normally have to tempt them with tales of Angry Birds on my Ipad...the brats are immune to cookies! The chicken recipe looks really good too :D

Michelle said...

Aw Jeez, your little guy is more adorable every time I see him!

By the way, this dish looks scrum-diddly-umptious. Consider yourself pinned! ;)

Michelle said...

No pinning allowed! What's up with that, chicky? ;)

Unknown said...

I don't even know how to allow pinning???? Let me know! ha....The funny thing is I program phone system for a living but I have no idea how to do this pinning thing.

Sara said...

Loving this recipe - I am trying to find more tasty slow cooker recipes, and this one looks super delicious! :)

Pam said...

My kids never minded baths... now they take showers all by themselves and they even wash everything too! Love it.

I am also loving the peanut chicken and the cute smile on your little man's face. So cute!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Perfect dinner for a busy mama! Your Desmond is sure a cutie pie :)

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Absolutely darling photos of your little (and very busy) one! I don't know how you can even put together such a delicious peanut chicken dish such as this as busy as you are!!!! WoW!

Eliana said...

This chicken looks absolutely amazing. Maybe I can use this recipe to convince my husband that we need a slow cooker in our lives.

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

That looks marvelous my dear!!

teresa said...

child trickery is often necessary!

LOVE this dish!

Sue said...

Your little guy is following in his sister's footsteps in the cuteness department!
Hooray for you for using your creativity in getting dinner AND baths done:)

Just Cake Girl said...

I love this recipe! :)

MJ said...

thats a killer combination- peanuts and chicken! You baby is damn adorable!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a sweet baby :-). Your chicken sounds delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Chris said...

I guess I do way too many push ups in training because I swear it looks like Chicken 1 is doing push ups in those two pics!

Anonymous said...

I like chicken... like this i never eat... delicious.
I have a blog of italian recipe but sometimes i wont exchange flavors.
Thanks for recipe

Gracey said...

Yummy!
Love anything with peanuts. =)

Val said...

Peanut chicken makes the world go round...Yum. Baby boy is adorable.

Reeni said...

What a CUTIE! Your peanut chicken is the bomb!

erica said...

Oh my gosh, this is dinner tomorrow for sure! Yum! Thanks for sharing. xo

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness he is getting so stinkin' cute!