Thursday, November 21, 2013

Banana & Pumpkin Crumble Top Muffins


When my day at work is completed I get super excited to go pick up my kids from kindergarten and daycare.  I can’t wait to hug them, ask how their day went, and cook a kick-butt dinner for them like the top notch mom I am, in my head.

So I enter the classroom to pick each kid up and I find I instantly get all crabby and flustered.  First I find out that “Indigo had a difficult time today listening” from her teacher, leading to getting the dreaded yellow on the behavior chart (this means no candy even though she will most definitely beg for it 75 times).  Then I go to pick up Desmond and find out that even though I stopped at Target already today, I need to go back there, since he’s out of diapers, booty cream, and wipes.  It’s really fun going to target with 2 kids, said no mom ever.


So after all of that we normally pack in up in the car and get ready to sit in traffic.  We pass a giant blow up gorilla, which Indigo always insists is chasing us all the way home.  Desmond begins blowing bubbles and spitting all over the car and Indigo thinks this is hilarious and joins in.  So basically my kids are spitting all over the car with a freaking blow up gorilla chasing us.  This is our normal drive home.  Very relaxing, my kids are guaranteed to move my mood meter down 50 points on the drive home…except for one day.

Have you ever been driving along, not thinking too much and realized you have gone like 5 miles without really noticing things?  Like how the hell did I space cadet drive 5 miles without really trying, and thank god I did not crash in to some ditch?  Normally I’m kept alert with that giant gorilla chasing our car and the constant spitting and bubble blowing, but today was different.


Kids feel asleep on the drive home that day, I did not notice – Had I noticed I would not have listened to kid bop radio the whole way home.

Lesson Learned, if it’s quiet in my car I either forgot to pick the kids up or they want to take a nap 2 hours before bed time and that my friends opens up a whole new can of worms
.
Speaking of worms, you don’t need any for this recipe.


Ingredients/Muffins
  • 2 ripe, large DOLE® Bananas
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1  ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
Ingredients/Crumble top
  • 2 tbs flour
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1-2 tbs butter


Directions
Puree bananas in blender. Mix bananas, pumpkin, granulated sugar, milk, oil and egg in medium bowl until well blended.

Combine flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into muffin tins sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Or line with liners.

Stir together brown sugar, flour, and pumpkin pie spice for crumble top.  Mash in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.  Top each muffin generously.

Bake at 375º F 20 to 22 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with more butter if like…I like.

7 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Lovely muffins and cute Indigo!

Cheers,

Rosa

Val said...

These look like the most perfect muffin.

Chris said...

Masterful shots of your daughter! You can't even tell she had been chased by a big arsed inflatable gorilla.

Emily said...

Indigo is super cute! She looks like she has a lot of personality. :)

The muffins look excellent!

Pam said...

I love that first shot - she is so darn cute! I have spaced out on drives too...it's called highway hypnosis - true story.

Anyway, the muffins have me drooling. YUM.

Masud rana said...

Hello friends,
Good news,This one place to shop for members provides value and convenience. JOIN TODAY to enjoy membership status.
Please visit this site http://www.comprewards.com/
& like this page https://www.facebook.com/comprewards
Thank you.

R1se Hluoluo said...

Sejak dari pertama kali nya di rilis tanggal 2 agustus 2012 , tentu saja untuk game yang bergenre strategi ini sudah bisa mempunyai total sampai jutaan gamer dari seluruh dunia dai berbagai jenis kalangan dan umur. https://daftarakun.web.id Walaupun masih banyak juga yang datang dengan game baru atau lain sebagainya tentu saja ini bisa menawarkan permainan yang lebih saik lagi. Jelasnya game dari clash or clans ( COC ) ini masih terdapat di berbagai smartphone pecinta dari games tersebut.