Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Crumble Top Banana Muffins and my Crazy List.



Things that make me want to scream, in no particular order.

1.       Sippy cups being dropped onto the hardwood floor.  Nails on a chalkboard I tell you!

2.       Picture this.  I’m at the grocery store and there are 4 lines opened.  I pick one and realize that all the others seem to be moving but not mine.  I contemplate switching lines for about 1 minute, then move on over.  The new line that I’m in now stops moving and the original line soon surpasses me.  I choose to remain in the slow line no matter what because the second that I move lines again the evil slow line vortex that hovers around me will follow – this has been tested.

3.       Using the community ice trays at work and not refilling them.  I actually left a very sarcastic note on the fridge that mentioned that the ice fairies don’t work here and someone wrote on my nice little note “Pettiness is a sign of a bankrupt intellect”.  I should seriously kick this person ass.

4.       Sand.  Everyday my kids come home with 17 pounds of sand in each shoe.

5.       Target makes me want to scream, because they take all my money.  Let’s not even talk about those magical 1 dollar bins at the entrance…those things are like nectar and I’m the humming bird.



6.       Wet Wipes.  Wet wipes often get on my nerves.  Sometimes wet wipes get stuck in the package, like one isn’t out for me to grab.  I have to dig my fingers in there, and I can’t get just one out I have to pull 25 wet wipes out of the hole at once and it makes me angry to use 25 wet wipes on a basically clean ass – but if I don’t use a wet wipe someone might discover this and make fun of me for being a disgusting person who doesn't properly clean their babies butt – people there could be security camera’s in my house that I’m unaware of here!

7.       Saying shitty things out loud that your kid hears and repeats back to you days later.  You know they hear everything, and I’m afraid mine might be damaged.

8.       Dog crap in my yard.  I do not own a dog, I have an inside cat.

9.       Mouse bones in the litter box, see #8….I own one inside cat, inside, inside…mouse bones in the litter box……ughhhhhhhhh

10.   The vegetables I want to roast smell terrible whilst being roasted.



11.   Needing to go to the bathroom but not being able to get there, I have a window people!!!

12.   Needing to go to the bathroom and getting there and then not being able to go – this is bullshit.

13.   Taking off a sweaty sports bra, contortionist I am not!

14.   People who are still paying for their groceries with a check, and still waiting until the cashiers finished to even attempt to fill it out.

15.   People who have to get just one more car length ahead, you know who you are.  I laugh at you once I catch up again changing nothing about my driving habit!

16.   Herbal pills that always seem to hang out in your throat so you can taste their wonderfulness all day long.

17.   Your mom

18.   LOL




Ingredients (muffins/12)
From AllRecipes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Ingredients (crumble top)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 TBS all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped candied pecans (got mine from Trader Joe's)
1 TBS butter

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, pecans, and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

I declare that these are the best Banana Muffins I've ever had, so much flavor and only a few tweaks from the original recipe - Enjoy!






14 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

So funny! Those muffins look divine.

Cheers,

Rosa

Michele said...

Hahaha!! I have missed your blog, haven't stopped by in a while, but always makes me laugh. Thanks for the visit too.

Angie's Recipes said...

These muffins look so delicious! Love your beautiful cake stand too.

Unknown said...

First of all, this post is hilarious. Second of all, every muffin should have a crumble top.

Lawyer Loves Lunch said...

Oh my gosh, can I get an amen for #5?! I've actually stopped getting a cart when I go to Target, in hopes that'll stop me from buying stuff I don't need but then I end up lugging too much stuff to the checkout counter without a cart. Gah, I need a muffin to deal with this!

Lily said...

I have just realised that I am a very cranky person. Pretty much your entire list my response was a loud "YES!". Also, an office environment seems to bring out the truly disgusting and lazy side in so many people. How hard is it to clean up after yourself, not to mention how do you manage to make that much mess in the first place?! URGH. Do not miss it at all.

Pam said...

After reading your list, I have concluded that you and I are very similar!

The muffins look beautiful and tasty.

Elisabeth said...

First...I would like to thank you for you kind and caring words on my blog!
Second...I love your yummy muffins, and thanks for sharing the great recipe!
Third...I agree with all those 'rants' on your list; especially the 'grocery line' 'Target taking all your money'...the 'cars passing you up' and you catch up with them at the red light, anyway!
Love your funny, and 'true' list!
Fourth...I'm following your blog and will stay in touch...hope you will follow mine, as well! xo

Avril said...

Fabulous banana muffins! and FABULOUS list of things that drive you nuts-o. "LOL" kinda irritates me too! :-)

Cindy said...

Love the crumble on top. These look yummy.
I love your 'list', I could add a few.

Unknown said...

Yes to the muffins and a giant YES to the crazy list! Thanks for sharing - I'm a fan of yours now forever =)

R1se Hluoluo said...

Piala Dunia Rugbi adalah acara terbesar dalam rugby dan mempertemukan tim dan pemain terbaik dalam sebuah kompetisi yang berusaha menemukan sisi dominan dalam rugby dunia.

Sementara itu, Selandia Baru adalah https://www.pasaranpialadunia2018.com/ juara bertahan dua kali dunia setelah menang pada 2011 dan 2015. Dengan All Blacks benar-benar dominan selama beberapa edisi terakhir turnamen.

Namun, memasuki Jepang 2019 ada keyakinan asli bahwa tim lain masih bisa menggantikan mereka dan memastikan bahwa itu bukan trofi ketiga berturut-turut untuk tim tersebut.

Jeck Leo said...

The Best Apps and Games For Android · Apk Module.
POCKET TV APK


Arjun kumar said...

Thank you so much for the best website. Here I am sharing the weight loss articles,
anger of stick 5 zombie mod apk
bike mayhem mod apk
emergency hq mod apk
monster legends mod apk
the walking zombie 2 mod apk