Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Cinnamon & Vanilla Marshmallows




I would like to announce that I received the trifecta of wonderful present combinationess. I would also like to announce that I LOVE to make up words.

I received the following :

1. Kitchen Aid Mixer - To make wonderfully calorie ridden food.

2. P90x2 - To work off all the wonderfully made calorie ridden food.

3. Armani Code Perfume - To make me smell wonderful while doing either of the above.





Now the P90x2 will have to wait until after baby Gage/Silas/Soren/Max/Archer arrives...

Yes, picking a name is not getting anywhere so far. The Kitchen Aid Mixer was put right to use though...I knew what I was making before I ever opened the box that had a tag on it that gave away it's contents.

Not that I looked at the tag or amazon.com before Christmas...I have morals people!!






INGREDIENTS
Delightfully borrowed, slight modified from Brownie Point
{FULL Printable Recipe}

4 Gelatin Envelopes
3/4 cup Water
1 tbs Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

3 cups Sugar
3/4 cup Water
1 1/4 cups Corn Syrup
1/2 tsp Salt

Powdered Sugar for dusting
Parchment paper
Non-Stick Cooking Spray





DIRECTIONS

Line a 9x13pan and a loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray the paper with non-stick spray.

Fit a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. In the mixer bowl combine the first ¾ cup of water with vanilla extract. Sprinkle the gelatin over the liquid to soften, add the cinnamon.





Add the sugar, salt, corn syrup, and remaining ¾ cup water to a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil without stirring over a medium-high heat. When this mixture is at a boil,let it go without stirring until it reaches the soft-ball stage (234-240 F)Be sure to watch that it does not boil over, simply reduce heat a little if it reaches near the top.





With the mixer at medium speed, pour all of the hot syrup slowly down the side of the bowl into the gelatin mixture. Be careful as you pour. When all of the syrup is added, bring the mixer up to full speed. Let it go for 8-10 minutes.





Pour marshmallow into the parchment-lined pan and smooth the top if necessary (make sure your tool is oiled). Allow the mixture to sit, uncovered at room temperature for 12 hours.





When ready, coat the top of your pan with sifted powdered sugar. Flip the Marshmallows out on to a piece of parchment paper. If you have trouble getting it out, just pull the sides away from the pan - This should help to release the Marshmallows. Cut into squares with a pizza cutter, coat with powdered sugar.

Enjoy in a nice cup of Joe, or bribe your children with them...your choice

26 comments:

Unknown said...

So funny... I made marshmallows last night and we're just about to cut them now :) Yours look so pretty. xo

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, awesome gifts! I received the same KA 2 years ago...

Those marshmallows look wonderful!

Best wishes for 2012!

Cheers,

Rosa

Jo-Anna@APrettyLife said...

These marshmallows are gorgeous! I can just taste them!! (and YAY for a new KitchenAid mixer!!)
Jo-Anna

Heather S-G said...

Awesome...love them! Want them!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

This is at the top of my wedding registry list!

Joy said...

Your marshmallows look fantastic! I love the photo with the pan and sifter - beautiful! Great gifts, too!

Susan said...

I've never made homemade marshmallows, but these look amazing1 Your life will never be the same with your new Kitchen Aid Mixer! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

Kelly Mefford {Sweet Intuitions} said...

These look fantastic!! When do you add the cinnamon?

pam said...

Look at that beautiful red machine!!!!

Heather Baird said...

These look sooo yummy! And we have the same color mixer!!!!

Unknown said...

Kelly - Thanks for the catch! I totally missed the cinnamon, I have added it now. Thanks.

Just Cake Girl said...

How an amazing and simple recipe :) I never made marshmallow at home so i just might try this :) Hope you are having a great holiday season :) Best wishes from Croatia :)

Taste and Tell said...

My sister is out of town until the middle of February, so I went and stole her P90x. Scared and excited all at the same time. And YAY for KitchenAid! I have a bit of a thing for cinnamon and these sound amazing!

rebecca said...

jealous of your red mixer and also of the fact that you can make your own marshmallows. period.

Kristen said...

you make it sound so easy! these look like pieces of heaven. who knew picking a baby name was harder than making marshmallows!!

Unknown said...

I've always wanted to make homemade marshmallows. Yours look gorgeous! Hope you have a fantastic New Year Jenn!

teresa said...

wonderful gifts! kitchenaides are the best, it will last your entire life and you'll use it all the time. love the mallows!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

She's a beauty! Something you will use a zillion times and each time think how much you like it :)

Happy New Year!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

LOVE your beautiful red KA mixer! What a score!!!! And your marshmallows look fabulous!

Velva said...

First, if I read this right...You are expecting. That is awesome! Congratulations to you in advance, I am smiling-I am working on getting my children out of the house, and you are bringing them home :-)

Your KItchen Aid mixer is going to last you a lifetime. Should I admit that I received one for my college graduation? I still have it, and it still rocks.

Would you mind if i used your photo ( #3 the one after Armani perfume) for my Wordless Wednesday post? It's a really nice photo and reflects the season. Of course, you will get credit for the photo and a link back to your blog.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Cheers.
Velva

scrambledhenfruit said...

Your marshmallows are beautiful, and I love the vanilla-cinnamon combination.:) I'm so jealous of your mixer- it's my favorite mixer color! My problem is that I already have a KitchenAid that's over twenty years old and still going strong so I can't justify a new one just yet. Sigh. Happy New Year! :)

Diane Schmidt said...

oh I really need to make some of these they look DELICIOUS!

Peggy said...

Oooh how fun! I got a Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas too, and I love love love it =)

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

wow.........they look DELICIOUS!and I just love it

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Chris said...

All I got was a rock.....(oh wait, that's Halloween)

Have fun with that mixer!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} said...

Yay to a Kitchen Aid!! What a great gift!! Now.. on another note... I really need to make me some of these! What a great idea for cocoa!!