Friday, April 27, 2012
Orange Marmalade Cupcakes with Marmalade Vanilla Buttercream
Oh my gosh someone please tell Taco Bell they are no longer welcome in my neighborhood, the draw is just to great. I can't make it past without that darn Cheesy Gordita 590 calorie crunch calling my name, let's face it I'm not just eating one.
Some things are just to great to resist, some things are little and some things are big like say...having a baby when your life is just settled down from the wrench the first one threw into it. What are some other life draws? Well I can only speak for myself but.
1. New furniture. Basically if you are not prepared to spend the cash, don't think you can just casually go price out furniture. I have no will power, and as you can see in my pictures below...I am the proud owner of a new dining table. It's so big that it can hold 10 people and 1,000 lbs of old mail that we will never end up going through.. Don't act like you don't have a pile of mail you're going to shred...in 10 years...maybe.
2. Another big draw in life..wine, beer, martini's? Why is it that you forget how hard it it to operate at 6am in the morning after you toss back a few? It takes me about 1 month to forget that 1 drink is as far as I should push it, but now that Game of Thrones is back on I'm a suffering mom come Monday morning. Moral of the story, suffering is part of life so deal with it, at least while Game of Thrones is on.
3. Cupcakes, Coffee, Chocolate, Cheesy Gordita Crunches - Calories in general.
4. Your Momma, that's right your momma is a big draw. Sorry I couldn't resist an opportunity for a your momma joke.
1.5 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cups granulated white sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup of orange marmalade (leave 3 tbs from jar for butter cream)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1.5 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
INGREDIENTS (Marmalade Vanilla Butter Cream)
1 stick of butter
1/4 tsp table salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups sifted powdered sugar
3 tbs Orange Marmalade
* if frosting is too stiff for your liking, beat in cream/milk/half & half
DIRECTIONS (Cupcakes/Butter cream)
You will need to pre-heat oven to 350; in a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until nicely mixed. Add in your eggs and all extracts and mix again until combined. Last step is the marmalade, mix into your batter. In another bowl sift your flour and then add in your baking power and salt; combine this bowl with the batter and mix well. Cook at 350 for 15-25 minutes or until cooked through.
For the frosting, beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed. Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and turn your mixer on the lowest speed (so the sugar doesn’t blow everywhere) until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter. Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 3 tablespoons of marmalade.
Frost those puppies and enjoy.