Friday, April 9, 2010

Strawberry "Lemonade" Marmalade Cake

Try saying that name 10 times as fast as you can!



With very small changes I made my own Marmalade cake using the homemade marmalade from my blog, top dog taste ladies & gents. My husband actually put down half this cake, this is a really good sign since for some reason I have to beg him to try other things (hope he’s reading this – you better try everything I make!).

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend, I know I will since I am planning on making lots of pies…if I don’t post about them soon that means I have failed. Below is the recipe for my non-failure Marmalade cake.

INGREDIENTS

1 stick of butter, softened
3/4 cups granulated white sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup of Strawberry Lemonade Marmalade, or something similar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.5 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Powdered sugar for dusting, also a lil dab of honey on top is great

Marmalade Recipe : http://indigosugarspectrum.blogspot.com/2010/04/stawberry-lemonade-marmalade.html


DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and continue to beat until well mixed. Add the marmalade and extract and beat until combined.

2. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt then add to the butter mixture. Mix until combined.

I baked this is a 10 inch spring form pan at 350 for quite some time, wouldn’t you know I didn’t keep time. The thing is you never can tell when that cake will reach proper “doneness” so just keep checking.

Side action angle..

1 comment:

Pam said...

I've never had a cake like this before - it looks wonderful.