Friday, May 28, 2010

Corn Muffins and have a great weekend!



Man, vacation was so nice. I had a super great time with family and so did my hubby and Indigo. There will for sure be many pictures to follow here in the next few weeks of our trip…however since I had such a long trip I decided to leave you with a food recipe over the weekend versus a family centric one…so without missing a beat – here are some great corn muffins from Ina Garten with just a few small changes.

PS – I would kill to be invited to Ina’s house for dinner.

INGREDIENTS

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup medium cornmeal
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoons sea salt
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 pound unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
½ cup of sweet baby corn

DIRECTIONS

You will need to pre-heat your oven to 350 and then grease and line your muffin pan.

In a bowl mix your flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, melted butter, eggs & corn. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir until they are just blended. Spoon the batter into your muffin pan, I made 8 large muffins. Bake for 30 minutes or more, the edges will nicely brown for you!



Have a great weekend! I plan on lots of baking, hanging out with friends, and catching up on Nurse Jackie - US of Tara - and The L Word...

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Never met a muffin I didn't like. I could probably do corn muffins alongside any meal but the husband hates corn muffins. Freak. Cute plate too! Love the staging!