Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Raspberry Chicken with a side of bad TV





Hi – My name is Jennifurla and I love my T.V. – maybe a little too much. I don’t know about you but I generally find my self watching less than stellar or educational programs. I thought it would be fun to list some of my favorites out, just in case we can bond over questionable programs.


In no particular order. . . .

Jersey Shore
Intervention
Teen Mom
Project Runway
Scream Queens (new fav!)
Say Yes to the Dress
Real Housewives of any city


I ‘m sure there are more, what is your favorite bad TV?







Don’t worry if we can’t bond over that I am leaving you with an easy recipe for Raspberry chicken, totally borrowed recipe…but I simply printed it without the web address of the blogger..boo on me for sure.


INGREDIENTS

4-6 thin cut chicken breasts
½ cup Raspberry preserves
3 tbs Balsamic Vinegar
Salt & Pepper
Olive Oil






DIRECTIONS

I coated my chicken in Olive Oil and sprinkled generously with Salt & Pepper. I grilled them on my grill until ALMOST done. You could also just pan fry the chicken if you like. Remove from the heat when done.



In a large pan over a medium heat melt your preserves and balsamic Vinegar together, add in your chicken breasts and saute for 5-8 minutes to get a good coating. I turned down my heat to low half way through.

Remove from heat and drizzle with a tablespoon of sauce.



Enjoy your chicken and bad TV, I know I will!

19 comments:

Michele said...

That looks delicious. We still have lots of raspberries from our garden last year this would be great for.

Unknown said...

The chicken looks lovely, but I'm afraid I'm so not in the loop with TV. I don't have cable so I'm a Netflix gal. I'm catching up on No Reservations and it's sort of dark and creepy, but I've also been catching up on the show Dexter. Love it!

Julie said...

I don't get control of the TV much, but I love watching Anthony Bourdain on the travel channel..and I've been watching a lot of True Blood, pretty trashy. The chicken sounds great and definitely worth bonding over.

Larissa said...

Looks delish! I've been big into the Next Food Network Star this summer. Also, I have a lot of feelings about the last episode of Friday Night Lights should anyone want to share feelings about Tim Riggins with me!

theUngourmet said...

My bad TV addiction is Young and the Restless. Thanks to a little invention called the DVR, I haven't missed an episode in years! ;) Your raspberry chicken is so calling my name!

Alejandra Ramos said...

That looks wonderful! I'm a little obsessed with Platinum Weddings and I also used to secretly like The Girls Next Door.

WendyinKK said...

Oh, you really love everything with fruits... I can't wait for autumn to see what you'll do with autumn harvests :)

megan said...

I've never seen any of the shows you mentioned, but i have to admit that I watch the bachelor/bachelorette...slightly ashamed...

Monet said...

So I must admit that Teen Mom does get pretty addicting and all of those housewife shows...and I'm always a sucker for Project Runway

scrambledhenfruit said...

The raspberry chicken looks delicious! As for TV? We just got TV about a year ago, after our kids flew the coop. I'm still not too tv savvy, but I have found myself sucked into reruns of Desperate Housewives and Gray's Anatomy. (Doesn't matter if it's reruns, since I haven't seen any of them anyway!)

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Great job dear...the color of the dish rocks...super cute click again...

Kristen said...

Since we got rid of cable, we hardly watch anything on the few local channels we get. I am more likely to be caught watching Goonies or An American Tail for the bazillionth time with my kids.

That chicken sounds really good. I love simple, tasty meals like this.

Unknown said...

I love how many raspberry recipes you have posted lately...raspberries are my favorite! This chicken looks fantastic!
Bad TV? Does American Idol and Hell's Kitchen count???

La Bella Cooks said...

This is a great way to kick up the usual chicken breast and I know this would go over well in my family. Hmm..if I had to pick a show I guess the Housewives of Orange county would be the only one I watch.

Diana's Cocina said...

I could not live without my dvr. I have several shows that i watch but always a week later. LOL! Raspberry and chicken are always winners in my book.

Pam said...

Raspberries with chicken works for me! I've never combined the two but must try it now after seeing this. I'm hooked on Brothers and Sisters and No Reservations.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

LOL, I don't watch TV good, bad, or otherwise. Mostly I listen to it while reading, baking, blogging, or doing chores and that means I'm listening to a sporting event...........GO YANKEES! :)
~ingrid

Garcon de Croissant said...

Raspberry and balsamic vinegar is such an interesting combination! I like Intervention too but I have to mute the sound from time to time.

tinyskillet said...

Hey, definitely The Real Housewives, my fav! The chicken looks awesome. Great clicks of how it's done! My daughter won't eat fruit on her meat, but I've managed to slip some fig balsamic on roasted potatoes!