Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Stonehedge Sauvignon Blanc 2008 - 3.5 Stars





Tasty, readily available, and cheap..great combo I do believe!



This is a nice little white from Trader Joe's and at just 5 dollars a great addition to your shopping cart.


I give this wine on all counts, taste & cost - 3.5 Stars out of 5


From the people who practice that crazy wine speak

“ The 2007 Stonehedge California Sauvignon Blanc delivers a delightful melody of pear-melon, with flashes of pineapple fig in a lasting yet crisp and clean finish. It is produced 100% from Sauvignon Blanc grown in coastal areas of California. Carefully selected and picked at optimal ripeness for a perfect balance this Sauvignon Blanc will be excellent in warm weather. Its well balanced acidity makes this a great food wine, while its aromatic bouquet makes it enjoyable as an aperitif. “

88 Points, Wine Spectator May 31, 2009





Remember this one next time you hit up your local Trader Joe’s.

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

Sounds good. I will have to check it out. I always think it is so funny when critics describe wine with certain flavors like pineapple or chocolate; I never taste anything but wine..lol

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

I so love Trader Joe's wine selection. Rarely do you pay over 10 bucks for a bottle and rarely are we disappointed with the taste. Thanks for reviewing this, it would be a great "cooking" wine.

Monet said...

I am still astonished we can buy wines for less than 8 dollars that taste decent. I wish I could go and get this at Trader Joes...we need one down in Texas!

Cathy said...

I've seen this at TJ but have never tried it. I firmly believe that there are many good wines available under $10 and we just have to search them out.

Thanks for this recommendation.

Barbara said...

Nice review. The wine looks good...I'll look for it. (I wish we had a Trader Joe's!)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love Californian wines and that one seems wonderful!

Cheers,

Rosa

La Bella Cooks said...

Can't beat a good California wine. I will keep this one in mind.

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

I love wine reviews! Thank you :)