Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Warm Bacon and Egg Salad
Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one else above you
Fill my heart with gladness
Take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles that's what you do
There are so many things that I just love. There are so many things that float my boat. There are so many things that make my lips curl into a smile. There are so many things that make me want to twirl.
1. Watching some kick butt TV while enjoying wine not worrying about waking up 17 times per night.
2. Going to bathroom without a 4 year old and the cat in tow…and a baby on your lap.
3. Finding everything you left out the night before…right where you left it. Has anyone seen my remote control? Thermometer? Gum? Indigo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are so many things that I loathe. There are so many things that sink my ship. There are so many things that make me frown. There are so many things that make me want to curl up and take a nap.
1. Waking up 17 times per night.
2. Having a party of people in the bathroom every time I have to pee.
3. Having to change the TV channel manually, that right - with my own hand!!! Seriously people I have no less than 2,000 channels and Indy’s shows are on channel 109…mine 1042….
But something I made time for, besides watching Megamind with my dear sweet indigo while balancing a 3 month old on my head (not really), but something you should also make time for is this simple salad.
2 tbs Olive Oil
1 tbs Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
4 Romaine Lettuce Hearts
15 Cherry Tomatoes halved
4 slices of bacon, pan fried, chopped (hot please)
4 hard boiled eggs, quartered
Croutons..mine were pre-made shhhhhhh
Combine all of the dressing ingredients, shake rattle and roll that sucker..or mix, your choice. Toss dressing over chopped romaine and add remaining ingredients.
Real tough I know.