Monday, September 20, 2010
Puppy Chow, Reindeer Food, Fish Food – Call it what you will. This is a fantastic movie night treat. Being the smart girl that I am, I planned on letting toddlers eat this while watching The Little Mermaid. If you think about it, what could go wrong with toddlers eating chocolate smothered treats on your nice carpet?? Exactly! Not my shiniest moment.
INGREDIENTS (makes enough for like 8 rottweilers)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
9 cups Crispix cereal (any flavor)
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Stir well.
3. Place the 9 cups of Crispix cereal in a very large bowl.
4. Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
5. Coat with powdered sugar, sprinkling evenly over the cereal and tossing as you sprinkle to cover each piece well. Place the whole lot in your freezer for at least 2 hours - these puppies are great frozen.
“Here boy, Here boy!”