Thursday, February 4, 2010

Apple Pumpkin Muffins for my lady



These are divine, and also my first ever baking experience as a new rushed mommy. Indigo is now 1 1/2 years old but mommy has never baked before! I realize that I want to fill this little munchkins life (and her friends) with lots of great food so this is where I started. They came out moist and loaded with great flavor. My little one rejected my first produced muffins, little thing would rather nibble on some green beans (strange child!). I will fully vouch for their greatness and hope that you can try them!

Here is the list of ingredients you will need :
MUFFINS:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
STREUSEL:
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 teaspoons cold butter or margarine

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.

2. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. You can also use a tooth pic or skewer to check the centers. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.


Finally I halved the muffin and patted it nicely with butter, melts in your mouth. You might even find that several muffins will melt in your mouth after you make these - they are that good!


No comments: