Friday, February 5, 2010

Avocado & Tomato Salad


Salads, yum! This is a kid approved meal….how do I know? My sweet little Indigo gobbled this up. Indigo often enters the house and asks for avocado, which is great because I love them too but….I wanted a new way to use them that made it a little more adult and this is a perfect little recipe. My husband (test subject) also confirms that this salad was great the next day with some tortilla chips.

Here are the ingredients you will need:

INGREDIENTS:
4 large tomatoes, chopped. I used cherry tomatoes myself.
4 Avocados, peeled, pitted & diced (ripe but semi-firm)
1 Red Onion, chopped
¼ cup of Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Salt & Pepper
DIRECTIONS:
Your only directions are to toss it all together, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Very easy and very tasty and remember totally approved by Indigo (my boss!). To save it for the next day I simply juiced a lemon on top and covered it with saran wrap. Make sure that your Saran Wrap is actually touching the salad then refrigerate.

No comments: