Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Crust on Top Apple Pie

I can’t say this particular pie was taste tested by more than three people – me, my hubby and Indigo…but it is so fantastic. I really hope you can try it as it is so easy and can be whipped up in no time. This was the first pie I have ever made; I actually had to go buy a pie pan. I am a complete beginner when it comes to concoctions like this. I found this particular recipe on the web and made one change strictly on instinct and it totally worked (I am the one who added the pumpkin pie spice!). Please also be prepared for you house to smell so absolutely wonderful, it was a rainy day when I made it and it was so comfy in our home.



INGREDIENTS:

5 apples, cut into thin wedges

3/4 tbsp cinnamon

1/4 tbsp pumpkin pie spice

1 tbsp sugar

1 cup flour

1 cup sugar

3/4 cup butter melted, make sure it cool before use

pinch of salt


DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350º. Lay the sliced apples in the pie pan, it should be about 2/3 to 3/4 full. Sprinkle the tablespoons of cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and sugar on top. In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, butter, and salt. This mixture is then place evenly on top of the apple slices, my mixture was fairly thick so I spread it around with my hands. Bake for 45 minutes or until top in slightly browned.


No comments: