Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Couscous with Ham & Tomatoes

Man, ham tastes great! Can I get an AMEN? I had all intentions of having some sort of ham pasta dish and like an idiot forgot about my little canned ham when the time came. Fast forward to a few days later and I discovered it early one morning…I decided to toss it into a couscous dinner I had planned for that evening – and in all honesty it was the star, I also made it the star of 2 breakfasts after that because that’s how I roll.



INGREDIENTS

2 cups of couscous cooked in vegetable broth according to box directions
2 cups of Cherry tomatoes, halved
3 cups of chopped ham, sautéed till brown
2 cups of diced red bell pepper
4-5 stalks chopped green onion
3 tbs of Vegetable oil
1 cup of Parmesan Cheese, although I think Swiss would be fantastic!

DIRECTIONS

Bring your vegetable broth to a boil, pour in your couscous and cover while we do the rest.

In a large pan sauté your ham until it is nicely browned. Remove from pan and set aside. In that same pan sauté in vegetable oil the bell pepper & green onion for about 6 minutes or until nicely cooked. Now toss in the couscous and cherry tomatoes, mix thoroughly and then transfer this mixture to a baking dish – bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.



Top with cheese of choice & enjoy

No comments: