Monday, May 3, 2010

Olive & Feta Pasta



Let me tell you what my old recipe for pasta was, pasta + jarred sauce = dinner. That’s it; that was my recipe. Pretty simple huh? Well now my idea of good has changed, and so has my idea of simple. The pasta below has many more ingredients than my standby two ingredient recipe above, but o’ how you will love it all the more and it is also “simple” in my new definition.

INGREDIENTS, serves 4-6 and you will be full

1/2 lb of pasta, bowtie - if you like more pasta vs. toppings just cook the whole box
2 tbs of Olive Oil
3 cloves of garlic, sliced
2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup of black olives
1 cup of chopped basil
1 cup of feta cheese, or more if you like
Dash of nutmeg, about ¼ tsp
Pat of butter

DIRECTIONS

Cook Pasta according to box directions, drain then toss with a pat of butter and your dash of nutmeg.

Sauté your garlic in the olive oil over a medium heat until browned then remove garlic from the pan. Toss your cherry tomatoes into the garlic infused olive oil and pan fry for about 4 minutes. Pour this mixture over your pasta then toss in the olives, basil & feta cheese.

Simple.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Mmm, what a simple and healthy meal! Yum!