Knock Knock - who's there? Lettuce... Lettuce who? Lettuce in and we'll tell you!
I found it - I found it, now it wasn’t really hiding or anything but to find a perfect recipe takes some leg work and elbow grease. This is just a really great scone recipe, texturally it is awesome and ta’boot these little guys lasted over a week.
INGREDIENTS• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup butter, chilled and diced
• 1 cup dried cranberries
• 1/3 cup white sugar
• 1 grated zest of one Lemon
• 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
• 3/4 cup heavy cream
• 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. In a separate bowl, toss cranberries with sugar; add to flour mixture along with Lemon Zest and nuts. Mix lightly.
4. In another bowl, beat together cream and egg; slowly pour into dry ingredients, mixing with rubber scraper until dough forms. Knead dough 4 or 5 times, being careful not to over handle. Divide dough in half. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Shape each half into a 6 inch circle. Cut each circle into 6-8 wedges. Place scones on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.