Sunday, October 31, 2010
Pumpkin Fudge adorned with Heath Bits
Bring it on!! It is officially Holiday time in this household. My mom’s visit was awesome and the lovely Miss Indigo is now outfitted for a southern California Winter (laugh if you must). Something that I “outfitted” the family in is extra pounds…I mean um fudge!
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 1/2 cups white sugar
• 2/3 cup evaporated milk
• 1 cup white chocolate chips
• 7 ounces marshmallow creme
• 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 package heath bar bits
1. Line a round cake pan with aluminum foil and a circle of parchment paper on the bottom. Place the Heath Bits on the bottom of cake pan and set aside.
2. In a 3 quart saucepan, heat milk and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
3. Mix in pumpkin puree and cinnamon; bring back to a boil. Stir in marshmallow creme and butter. Bring to a rolling boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 18 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and add white chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until creamy and all chips are melted. Pour into prepared pan. Cool, remove from pan, and cut into pie slices. Store in a cool, dry place.
This stuff is just plain lovely & I do hope you can enjoy!