Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cheeseburger Risotto





Let’s go back in time, via the TV. Before Teen Mom, Dancing with the Stars, Talk Soup, and Gossip Girl there were some super classics!


A Different World

I know my parents love me,
Stand behind me come what may.
I know now that I'm ready,
Because I finally heard them say
It's a different world form where you come from.

Here's a chance to make it,
If we focus on our goals.
If you dish it we can take it,
Just remember you've been told
It's a different world form where you come from.
It's a different world form where you come from.







I can hear that song in my head. This was one I watched ALL THE TIME! Remember Whitley! Oh how we loved to hate her, before she grew on us..and grew on Dwayne Wayne.


My Two Dads – OK..I think we all wished that Joey was our dad! LOL. I think more than that I was in love with Nicole’s impeccable style and gorgeous hair.


And what about…Beauty And The Beast? Remember that one? It was one my favorites. Vincent and Catherine were spectacular. Remember Vincent lived underground beneath New York City, he and Catherine were a whirl wind love.







• And now on to a classic with a twist. A cheeseburger is pretty much number 1 as far as a classic food to eat in the states…let’s twist it up and make it into Risotto! Feel free to mold this risotto in to your favorite burger.



INGREDIENTS
(Printable Recipe)

1 lb Lean ground beef
1 onion, diced nicely
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp pepper
1 cup uncooked Arborio Rice
3 ½ cups beef broth
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup or more chopped green onion
Worcestershire Sauce
salt for taste






DIRECTIONS

In a non-stick skillet, cook beef,onion, and pepper until nicely browned adding in the garlic during the last minute. Do not drain once cooked…we are living dangerously…if you are not, drain it.


Next stir in the rice, constantly stirring for about 2 minutes.







Now add in all of that broth! Careful now! Heat this mixture to boiling, then reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.







After those first 10 minutes, cook uncovered for another 5-7 – or until all the liquid is absorbed. Once the liquid is gone, mix in your cheese and green onions.







Let the mixture rest for about 10 minutes before serving, as a last minute addition I squeezed a healthy dose of Worcestershire into each bowl..DO NOT SKIMP! I added 2 tbs per bowl. This is the cheeseburger taste overload addition.

Add another dash of onion too...love them


38 comments:

Unknown said...

i LOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE risotto - PRINTING this out now!!!

I’m hosting a give-away and would LOVE for you and ALL to
Join Custom Sign Give-Away

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Heather Baird said...

Oh my goodness gracious. Yum!

Delicious Dishings said...

I don't love risotti but this reminds me more of stuffed pepper filling... which I do love!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A great idea! That risotto rocks.

Cheers,

Rosa

Rachel said...

My husband and I have mentioned a million times that we want to try risotto, but it's been hard to find a recipe that he'd agree to eat. I think this would be right up his alley...and, I think the kids would love it!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

Um, you just named three of my favorite TV shows growing up. I always loved the cool apartment in My Two Dads!

Beth said...

You are much younger than me. I go back to the days of Eight is Enough, the Partridge Family and (gulp) The Brady Bunch!

teresa said...

i saw the title on my news feed and instantly ran over! this is so fun! it sounds delicious!

Marina said...

I can't believe that something can look this perfect, but on your page - everything looks perfect!!

Unknown said...

Cheeseburger risotto? really?! Genius!

Ali said...

What ever happened to Staci Keanan anyway? She was so cute in My Two Dads. I remember she starred in a movie called Lisa shortly after that. It was straight Lifetime movie material which, of course, rules.

Sprigs of Rosemary said...

Very nice twist on a classic! My TV classics, however, are a bit different from yours -- and Beth's! I was little, but I still remember Bonanza and the original Julia Child! Wow!

Unknown said...

OMG!!! I SO wanted to be Nicole!!! LOL! Memories!

Yes...I will gladly take a bowl of this goodness and be a happy, happy girl!

BEAUTIFUL POST!!!

La Bella Cooks said...

Interesting combo of flavors here. Classic tv rocks.

Rosy said...

Hello comfort food. Love the photos.

scrambledhenfruit said...

Oh, this does look wonderful!

Faith said...

oooh cheeseburgers oooh risotto...oooooooh YUM! I went thru a stage last fall where I was addicted to making risotto...this has potential to start it all over again!

Unknown said...

Wow, was not prepared for that kind of flash back, but I thank you for it!! LOL I used to LOVE my two dads!!!
I love the idea of cheeseburger risotta..I have not had a risotto like that before. I bet it is sooooo incredibly good!!

erica said...

love this idea. Looks absolutely amazing!

xo

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

Cheeseburger risotto is such a unique idea. Love this and bet my kids would agree :o)

Val said...

UM, YES PLEASE!!!

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

This looks just delicious, Jen! I would have never thought to combine these ingredients for risotto but this is really tempting me... Delicious recipe, thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend with your family!

Cooking Gallery said...

What a cool recipe...!! I am so going to try this, thanks for sharing :)!!

Pam said...

I loved A Different World and The Cosby Show... good memories.

The risotto looks out of this world delicious!

Kim said...

I love that you came up with a recipe for cheeseburger risotto. That's just awesome. I make risotto a lot as a go-to meal. I'll have to try this for sure.

Xinmei @ Pudding Pie Lane said...

I love how your put emphasis on the Worcestershire sauce, wouldn't be a complete meal without it! Love the photos, I'm hungry :)

art is in the kitchen said...

What a tasty tasty risotto! This makes one hearty meal for me! I always have arborio rice at hand and I'll remember this delicious recipe when I get some ground meat! Cheers!!!

Kristen said...

What a great, great variation on two classics. I know my family would simply devour a dish of that.

Shannon said...

Beauty and the Beast! Wasn't it on during the day, I feel like I only watched it when I was home sick from school. SO good. And this recipe is right up my cheeseburger lovin alley.

Oh and prosciutto strata is on next week's menu, so excited! goat cheese!

Sue said...

Cheeseburger anything, is bound to be good!

Peggy said...

What a genius idea for a risotto! You never cease to amaze me! =)

The Cooking Photographer said...

You made American risotto! Omgosh lol you are awesome. I remember all those shows too. Our generation. I never thought there would be a time I would be old enough to say things like that!

Renée said...

Yummy, you included everybody's favorite things for an easy meal. I'm thinking my grands would really dig this one!

Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

I love risotto - this combo of flavors sounds divine!! Stunning photography!

Great blog; happy I found you!

Mary xo
Delightful Bitefuls

Lorraine said...

Awesom dish! I always love dishes with ground beef and rice and as a risotto...great idea:)

Funny how certain shows bring back lots of memories for us.

Unknown said...

this is an original risotto!
Well done, have a nice evening,
Barbara

Monet said...

So much fun. I love the twist on this classic dish. And I loved hearing about some of your memories. You brought up many of my own :-)

Angie's Recipes said...

This is for sure an unique risotto recipe! Looks very tasty too.