Friday, April 16, 2010

Bitter Chocolate Strawberry Brownies and stuff

Weather permitting this weekend I will be baptized. I am very excited to be taking this new path. I can not wait to see the changes that it makes within me and my surrounding life. I am already benefiting greatly having had my eyes opened to the simple pleasure of everyday tasks; that is completing little everyday things and doing them with a smile on my face. Not looking at them as if they are a thorn in my side, looking at them like little things I can do to bring god and my family pleasure.

Speaking of pleasure, I would like to list out a few things that pleased me over the week.

1. Fontina Cheese and Triscuits
2. Being able to run 2 miles without stopping
3. Having my daughter grab my face and my husbands, then making us smooch
4. LOST & Nurse Jackie
5. Finding a great coffee table from Overstock, 60lbs and only 2.95 for shipping.



Bittersweet chocolate, do you like it? If not then feel free to use the sweet stuff. I still had some left over strawberries that needed used as of last night; they were not getting any younger. I decided I was in the chocolate mood and went for brownies. There are so many different textures when it comes to brownies, the ones below pack a bitter bite of chocolate and have a punch of strawberry flavor.

INGREDIENTS

1 egg
1 cup of melted butter
1 tbs Vanilla Extract
¾ pound sliced strawberries
¼ cup pureed strawberries
1 cup sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1 ½ cups cake flour, in the end the batter should be between a cake & cookie consistency so add more if you have to

DIRECTIONS

First things first, preheat your oven to 350 and grease a smallish baking dish.

In a medium sized bowl whisk together your egg, melted butter, extract & pureed strawberry. In a larger bowl sift together your flour, sugar and cocoa. Toss your sliced strawberries and bitter chips into the flour mixture and mix in. Next add your wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. Pour into your dish and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes cleanly out of the center.

These brownies pack a bitter punch but with a surprisingly cool strawberry touch.
Have a nice weekend.

No comments: