Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ginger Beef over white rice

I had a really tasty dinner last night. This is not a show stopper but is will make a nice addition to my weekly meal planning in the future. It is easy except for a little bit of chopping when it comes to the ingredients. I served it over white rice, I am sure there are many other ideas you could come up with. Since I am a beginner I stuck with what was obvious. Oh, oh Indy ate some of it! How could I forget? She took about 5 bites before those sneaky Backyardigans made her go back into the living room.



INGREDIENTS
1 ½ pounds of boneless beef sirloin, tenderized, slice into thin strips
1 ½ tbs of vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
3 large celery ribs, thinly sliced sideways
3 tbs minced fresh ginger root
3 tbs soy sauce
Salt to taste

DIRECTIONS
Here’s a trick, put your boneless beef sirloin in the freezer for 20 minutes. After that time, take the steak out and cut thin strips. It is much easier to cut thin strips when the beef is icy cold. Now let’s prep the other ingredients, slice the onion, mince the garlic, slice the celery and mince the ginger root.

Now let’s cook. In a large frying pan or wok toss 1 tbs of the vegetable oil with your sliced onion until soft and semi caramelized. Put the onions aside now. Put the frying pan back on the burner and add your beef and the ½ tbs of oil if needed. Brown your beef for about 3-4 minutes then add in the garlic, celery & fresh ginger root. Keep frying until beef is cooked to your liking then toss in the soy sauce and onions, mix & serve over white rice. Remember to get some of that juice over the rice too.

Just an extra note, I did use salt over my dish and flavor really came out with it.

No comments: