Friday, March 5, 2010

Parmesan Quinoa with roasted tomatoes & peas

I have a hearty little side or main dish for you. I was pleasantly surprised at the really great flavor. I bet if you are more versed than me you might even improve this pretty basic recipe. I would recommend more tomatoes and less Quinoa than listed below, for my tastes. I want to post what I actually made though and you can change as you like.



Also I would like to add that my child tried to kill me last night, girlfriend tipped a lamp over and it hit me over the head! I was diligently knitting her new socks (total lie) and she just went and hit me! Little devil.

INGREDIENTS

15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
2 tbs of white wine
2 tbs of vegetable oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 stalk of celery chopped
3 ½ cup of veggie broth
2 cup of rinsed quinoa
½ cup evaporated milk
1 cup of frozen peas, thawed
2/3 cup grated parmesan
Salt & pepper for seasoning

DIRECTIONS

Preheat your oven to 400. Lightly grease a cookie sheet. In a bowl combine your drained tomatoes and the white wine. Place the mixture on your pan and bake till the tomatoes have dried but not burned. Set aside.

Now lets get to frying. Toss your celery and onion with the 2tbs of vegetable oil and fry until the onion is translucent. Enjoy the aroma!



Next add in your broth and quinoa. Cook this until all of the liquid is absorbed (15-20 minutes). Here comes the last part, the free for all basically; Add in your evaporated milk, tomatoes, peas & Parmesan.



I then removed the pan from the heat and let it sit for about 15 minutes before serving. I seasoned with salt & pepper.

Say AHHHHHHHHH

1 comment:

Junko said...

I love quinoa and can't wait to try out this recipe. I'm thinking that this will be a great way to get Ali to eat her veggies!

BTW - I love your blog!