Friday, March 12, 2010

Lima Bean & Pesto Pasta with nutmeg




This is a light and tasty dish for a weeknight meal. I whipped this little pasta dish up while feverishly cooking a chocolate cake for my co-workers. My kitchen is barely recovered from all the pasta and chocolate splatters. I am so not a neat cook, are you? I often have to do mini-cleanings throughout a cooking adventure just to keep my head above water.

INGREDIENTS

8-12oz of Spiral Pasta, or a whole box who am I kidding.
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
1 14oz can of Lima Beans, drained
3-4 tbs of pesto, I used roasted red pepper
2 tbs Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Fresh grated nutmeg, about ¼ tsp (secret ingredient)
Parmesan, as much or as little as you like
Pine Nuts, same as above

DIRECTIONS

Cook pasta as directed on package, drain and toss with Olive oil & nutmeg. In a sauce pan bring to a simmer the cream, lima beans & pesto. Once simmering, toss that into your pasta and stir. Top with your parmesan & Pine Nuts…and don’t forget your salt & pepper.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Question for ya...you seem to be into trying new recipes with uncommon ingredients, like whipping cream or pesto, or goat cheese (my fave). Do you keep this kinda stuff on-hand or do you buy it for that one recipe?

I'm not trying to be a great cook, I'm trying to just cook (and not order out), so I make these meal plans and then end up spending a fortune on special ingredients for that one dish. Know what I mean?

And this dish looks awesome too, minus the limas :) I'm still 5 yrs old when it comes to lima beans, I won't eat them.

Unknown said...

What I do is make a meal plan each week too, stuff like the cream also can be used in my baking recipes too. I try to be able to use a same ingredient in a few different recipes. The things I have not had to buy so far are the spices (that would add up) I have a hugs stash of spices. Once you get that going then the cost of a recipe really goes down. I would say each week I am spending about 120 on groceries, if that helps. That includes all weeknight dinners plus my breakfasts & lunches. Indy's food is all provided to her via her *2nd* mommies at daycare.