Sunday, January 30, 2011
Sticky Chocolate Icing Cupcakes
Let’s see, what are some things that happened in my neck of the woods over the weekend?
1. I cleaned our shower with Mr.Clean Magic Erasers…might have carpel tunnel at this point. Why are showers such disgusting beasts!
2. Panicked when I was 2 glasses deep into my wine and heard Indigo start to cry…at about 1030pm….I don’t do good with middle of the night wakings! Good thing it was just a random cry, put me in bed in less than 10 seconds though.
pssst....could it be my child doesn't care for wine??? *heart beats*
3. Watched Inception and understood it, oh yeah look at me I’m so smart. No - but really, totally enjoyed it & recommend it.
4. Baked cupcakes
Which one do you want to see pictures of? If you answered number 1 you might have fetish that is not happening on this blog.
Either way here are the goods. Delightfully borrowed from P-dub.
INGREDIENTS for 12
• FOR CUPCAKES
• 2 cups Cake Flour
• 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
• ¾ teaspoons Salt
• ½ cups Unsalted Butter, Softened
• 1 cup Sugar
• 3 whole Eggs Room Temperature
• 2 teaspoons Vanilla
• ¾ cups (plus A Tad More) Whole Milk
• FOR THE ICING:
• ¾ cups Sweetened, Condensed Milk
• 6 ounces, weight Semi-sweet Chocolate
• 2 Tablespoons Butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
With an electric mixer, mix butter and sugar on high speed until fluffy. Scrape sides of bowl and mix for a few more seconds. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla. Mix to combine.
Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk in three batches, mixing for a few seconds after each addition.Scrape sides of bowl, then mix one final time.
Fill paper-lined muffin tins 3/4 full with batter. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or do not brown. Cool completely.
Sticky Chocolate Icing:
Mix ingredients together in a small/medium saucepan. Melt ingredients over medium low heat, stirring gently. Icing is ready when all ingredients are melted and combined.
Spoon warm icing over cupcakes, stirring icing to smooth after every third cupcake or so. Allow iced cupcakes to sit at least ten minutes before serving.
PS. In honor of Inception I am tilting this picture at a strange alternate angle, these cupcakes can be eaten in your dreams or real life.