Monday, January 24, 2011

Tequila Lime Tart





There are certain times in life that call for a party. Times that require friends, food, drink, and smiles. I can think of all the basic ones…


Births, Birthdays, Weddings, Anniversaries, Graduations..etc…etc…


If none of these are happening in the next few weeks then we have just got to come up with some other fan-freaking-tastic reasons for you to sample this tart. So let’s make a list.


Reason 1 - Finding your work badge after a 3 day weekend. I tend to store my badge in what I believe to be a highly visible and non lose your badge area. NOTE TO SELF AND OTHERS, YOU NEVER REMEMBER THE "EVER SO SECRET NEVER FORGET THAT IMPORTANT ITEM SPOT"


So find that badge, make this tart.







Reason 2 – Printing out all of your 2 ½ year olds first year pictures. Yes, I am totally a slacker. I seem to have a talent for taking pictures just not one for printing and putting them away. Needless to say they are printed and neatly tucked away in a place I will never lose them in..


Organize pictures, make this tart.


Reason 3 – Any day that ends in Y is a reason to make this tart, there you are so totally covered if abiding by my rules for making this tart.


If you need any other reason simply take a swig of tequila..which could possibly steer you in this tarts direction.


Delightfully borrowed from : This place






INGREDIENTS


For the crust:

• 10 ounces vanilla wafers
• 1/4 cup pine nuts
• 1/2 cup butter, melted


For the filling:

• 2 egg whites
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1/4 cup tequila
• 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
• 4 egg yolks
• 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
• Fresh whipped cream, for serving







Directions

For the crust:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F







Add wafers and pine nuts to food processor, pulse until well ground up. Pour into bowl and add melted butter. Mix by hand, with a wooden spoon, and press into 10-inch tart pan.


Place tart pan in the oven and bake for 8 minutes.







For the filling:

In a mixing bowl add egg whites and sugar, beat until there are soft peaks.







In another mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Fold in the egg whites. Pour into tart shell and bake for 25 minutes.


Party on dude.






43 comments:

Siggy said...

You had me at Tequila my friend! Yes, yes, and YES....I will be making this.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

I love your attitude in finding any reason to celebrate with this wonderful baked good!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} said...

I love limes and tequila... I am so making this!! YUM!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That tart looks so refreshing and luscious! I really like that addition of tequila. I'm drooling...

Cheers,

Rosa

Heather Baird said...

This goes on my list for SURE. Looks great!

Faith said...

I am saving this for summer. It sounds amazing!

The Church Cook said...

I wonder if I can get away with making this dessert for my church family? Hmmmm.....well, if not, I surely will enjoy it! :)

Holly said...

My mouth is totally watering right now just imaging what this tastes like!!!

Kerry said...

This looks delicious! It puts me in a summery mood. I love your pictures!

FOODESSA said...

Lime on it's own in a dessert always calls my tummy ;o) I'm used to many varieties of liquors in my baking, and yet, I have yet to use tequila. Good to know it pairs well with lime ;o)

Have a great week Jennifer.

Flavourful wishes,
Claudia

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Party on indeed. I don't think you need a reason at all to make this but I loved the creativity of your list;) Looks DELISH!!

Tessa said...

I love finding reasons to celebrate life's small victories, and this tart looks like a great way to do it! =)

Rick said...

You should have used some Patron like all the rappers!

Charisse said...

Every one of your reasons works for me! You had me at tequila!

teresa said...

oh my goodness, a party indeed! look at those bright, gorgeous flavors, love it!

Elizabeth said...

oh my freaking yum! tequila+dessert = a-ok in my book!

erica said...

absolutely divine recipe. Thanks so much for sharing. I will for sure make this over the summer.

xo

scrambledhenfruit said...

Looks so good- tart, sweet and delicious!

MrsKinne said...

Yum! I actually used both tequila and lime to make shrimp tacos tonight. Such versatile ingredients, I tell you.

mr. pineapple man said...

your piecrust looks perfect!

Treat and Trick said...

Such a perfect and yummy tart! Great photos too....

http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Jen, I LOVE the bright summery flavors, especially the tequila, you used in this tart - It's gorgeous! Makes me wish it was July already. Thanks for sharing!

Joyti said...

We shouldn't wait for 'special' occasions to make special foods :)
And your tequila lime tart does look divine!

Sprigs of Rosemary said...

Looks just great . . . .if I could only find my tart pan!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Jen..that looks amazing! I know it taste heavenly too. Forget the reasons, I'm just gonna make this for the hell of it!! Ok, I have to go by a tart pan first (can't believe I don't own one) THEN I'll make it!!

Val said...

Ohhhh yeah! I will have a double shot in my piece!!! Love this.

aipi said...

Sooo good looking! I am totally drooling :)

US Masala

Barbara said...

Love your unusual crust! And you can't beat a pie like this. I'm drooling.

Lawyer Loves Lunch said...

I love citrus based desserts and am always bummed there are more lemon than lime desserts. Yay for a delicious looking lime dessert!

Anonymous said...

This tart looks amazing! I love the pine nuts in the crust.

Lori said...

OMG can I just say a Margarita is my favorite all time drink, so I am all over this beauty of yours!

Monet said...

No need to convince me...the title alone makes me want to go buy a bag of limes right now! Thank you for sharing this treat, sweet friend. May the middle of your week be full of joy and laughter.

Madison Mayberry said...

Looks absolutely delicious and it looks like you are having MUCH nicer weather there than we are where I live! Needless to say, I'm jealous. :)

Angie's Recipes said...

This looks gorgeous! Love that you used tequila for the lime tart. Must be tasting scrumptious.

Unknown said...

Now this is my kind of tart!!! With a margarita of the side pls! Love the "super secret spot" too. I've lost many things to that spot only to later find them I think what a dumb "safe" place! LOL!

La Bella Cooks said...

Makes me want to have a fiesta in the backyard! Love the tequila and lime...who can resist? Gorgeous photos too.

Sue said...

This looks so creamy and delicious! It also reminds me that I have a lime recipe waiting in the wings:) LOVE your "Reason 3"! :)

Annalise said...

I am making this pronto, thanks for the recipe!

Peggy said...

OMG - I am in LOVE with this pie. I can't wait to taste it.

Michelle @ On and Off My Plate said...

I love lime tarts (just made a key lime sour cream tart) and I love Sauza so this will be on my plate this weekend!

Aggie said...

Um, I gotta tell you, I love tequila and lime! And to turn it into a tart...wow. Sounds perfect. I have to have this!!

Found you on Saturday Swap! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking this to Saturday Swap! As I said before, this sounds like an amazing recipe that would bring some sunshine to winter! You have a super weekend!!!!

Eliana said...

Any reason is a good enough reason to make this tart. It looks super super delish.