Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Artichoke Pie



Sometimes you just need to mix it up for dinner time, insert some oddball item to keep things fresh. This can definitely be one of those things. It is super easy since you can just use a store bought crust, and it is delicious to take to work the next day.


Let me make a suggestion of adding a chopped link of sausage and some tomatoes too – I will be making it again with those modifications soon. Below is your basic Artichoke Pie.




INGREDIENTS

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 clove garlic, minced
• 2 (8.5 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and lightly chopped
• 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
• 1 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crust
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 2 cups shredded mozzarella

DIRECTIONS

** (Pre-heat your oven to 350) I recommend cooking your pie crust for about 5 minutes before you fill it with the artichoke filling.


Saute your garlic over a medium heat along with the artichoke for 5-8 minutes. Toss in your half of you parmesan cheese and the bread crumbs. Saute for another 3-4 minutes until cheese is all melted and everything has combined.


To assemble pour the artichoke mixture into your pie crust, then pour your eggs over the artichoke. Top with the remaining cheeses. I then pressed my pie down to make the top flat.





Cook at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until the top has nicely browned over. To prevent the side of your pie dough from blakening you can cover it with foil.

POOOOOOF Artichoke Pie




PS - School is going well, today we are learning all about the OSI Model and it's layers...facinating stuff.

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Ohhhh I love a savory pie! And seriously? Add sausage and I'm yours forever.

Guess who's grilling avocadoes tonight? This girl!

Tracy said...

I love artichokes, and this looks incredible!

Unknown said...

oh how cool, glad you are grilling the avo's - remember to sprinkle with salt & pepper - I ate mine still warm

Delicious Dishings said...

I LOVE this idea!

Mary said...

This is like that hot artichoke and cheese dip in a crust! Yum!

ICook4Fun said...

I love artichoke but never thought of making a pie out of it. Thanks for the idea. Bookmarking this to try out soon.

LyB said...

Oh, I am so making this! It looks fabulous!

Nirmala said...

I love artichokes and would not have thought to done this with them. I usually steam them and eat with a little butter or aioli.

Unknown said...

This looks delicious! I've finally brought the family around to quiche type dinners. I think I'll wow them with this one soon!