Monday, June 28, 2010

Orange & Ginger Chicken Kabobs



We busted the BBQ out this weekend while watching the soccer match with the US (man was my tummy in knots). Kabobs are fun lets face it, they are tasty, colorful, and handheld - which is great while roaming around chatting with friends and praying for the US soccer team to win.


The below kabobs did not get my toddlers seal of approval, but they do get mine and well....I am older - wiser??





INGREDIENTS

2 medium oranges, zested
1/2 cup of fresh OJ
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Fresh zested ginger
1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- Chicken or beef for kabobs & Mushrooms & Pineapple (or whatever you like on your kabobs)





DIRECTIONS

Combine all ingredients together and pour over chicken or beef, I left my chicken sitting covered in this marinade for 1 hour prior to grilling.


Assemble kabobs and then grill until the chicken is blackened a bit on the outside, this chicken is so moist!


7 comments:

La Bella Cooks said...

These definitely would get my seal of approval. The marinade sounds so delicious.

Kristen said...

Those kababs look great. I love all of the flavors you put into them.

Tracy said...

Mmm, these look so full of summer flavor! Yum!

Jenn Shagrin said...

Thank you so much! Great lookin kabobs :)

theUngourmet said...

Oh how I love kabobs...and grilling! I love the combo of flavors in this one! Yummy!

Elina said...

This sounds so easy yet flavorful. I'm always looking for simple grill recipes - this is definitely going on the list :)

Nachiketa said...

amazing flavours you've got going for the grill.... :)

cheers,
The Variable, Crazy Over Desserts - Nachiketa
Catch me on facebook @ Crazy Over Desserts