Sunday, June 13, 2010

Parmesan & Ham Egg Bites



This weekend was filled with family and food, good combination if you ask me. Right now it is Sunday evening and my daughter is watching Cats & Dogs on TV – quite hilarious. Mom (that’s me) is sitting around typing up one of the many things we enjoyed over the weekend – Parmesan and Ham Egg Bites. I had some leftover ingredients from the week before that included Ham and some parm, so this is how these scrumptious little bites came along.

INGREDIENTS (makes 12 mini bites)

2 egg whites + 2 more whole eggs
2 tbs half and half, or milk
½ cup of parmesan
½ cup of ham, chopped. I used deli ham.

- Just eyeball the ingredients so you get the kind of mix you like.



DIRECTIONS

Pre-heat your oven to 350.

In a large bowl mix together your egg whites, whole eggs, and half and half.



Grease your mini muffin pan and put the ham and parmesan in each muffin spot. Next pour the egg mixture over the ham and parmesan.

I baked mine for about 15 minutes, just test as always with a skewer or toothpick.



Enjoy…I topped mine with a little more parmesan.

9 comments:

Patricia Scarpin said...

These look wonderful and so simple to make!

Pam said...

What a perfect breakfast bite. They look tasty.

Mary Bergfeld said...

These really do look wonderful. I am new to your blog and have just spent some time reading your earlier posts. I really like your recipes and hope to be back often to see what else you've been making. Your little one is really a sweet heart. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Shannon said...

Adorbs! I love any food that has been miniaturized! And I loooooove breakfast. Can you believe I don't own a mini muffin pan though? The horror. Suppose I could make them in a regular muffin pan though and just try to eat less of them? Maybe?

Unknown said...

for sure lady, just bake a little longer - be careful because eggs puff up a wee bit so don't overfill. I have made egg loafs too and just sliced like bread then put on a piece of buttered toast.

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

Love it! We make something similar with sausage and sun-dried tomatoes. A perfect little breakfast bundle!

Rach said...

Looks delicious !

La Bella Cooks said...

Oh wow, I wish I had seen this recipe this morning as I was in need of some inspiration. These look perfectly delicious.

Deborah said...

I love it when you can turn leftovers into something so wonderful!