Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cupcake Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough New Zealand 2009 - 4 1/2 STARS



Have you been through lots of wine at the grocery store, do you have your favorites? I have a few that if I am forced to buy at the grocery store are my standards. I normally like to head on down to a restaurant called 3rd Corner in San Diego and let the super wine enthusiast workers take me for a shopping trip through their restaurant (the restaurant center is filled with crates and crates of wine), but sometimes I can not make that journey and end up at my local Stater Brothers or Vons.

This wine blows my socks off; I have been through several bottles. I hope you can find it at your local grocer; this puppy will set you back about 9 dollars which is just perfect for a last minute buy.

I am giving this wine 4 1/2 Stars, I LOVE it. It is divine & if you try it and like it you are sure to love all my picks as this is a great representative of my taste.



From the winemaker:

"Our vineyard works hard to bring you the zestiest, most refreshing Sauvignon Blanc from the cool Marlborough valley. Here the grapes mature slowly, giving them layers of complexity and a vibrant zing, reminiscent of your grandma's lemon chiffon cake. The flavors are integrated, delighting the senses with layer upon layer of Meyer lemons, key limes and a finish that awakens the appetite.--Winemakers Note
Juicy and bright, with grapefruit, lime, nectarine and herb flavors in a lovely balance, lingering attractively." --Winemakers Note


Link to site : http://www.cupcakevineyard.com/

This wine is 12 dollars on their site, at my local store it was 9 Dollars.

Happy tasting!

4 comments:

theUngourmet said...

I keep seeing this wine and have been so tempted to buy a bottle. Thanks for the great review! :)

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

I've seen this before, but have never tried it! Thanks for the tip!

La Bella Cooks said...

I've seen this in the stores but never picked up a bottle. I will have to give this one a try next time.

Ali said...

This was *exactly* the push I needed. I always fought the urge to buy it simply for its cute name and label...