Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sundried Tomato & Feta Pasta



Two days later and quite appropriately I am munching on this pasta as I type, the flavors have permeated even more and the fact that this has now been microwaved has not ruined the noodles at all (not even a bit!).

And a story…my husband forgot to take the leftover pasta to his work, fast forward to that same morning – wife spots leftover pasta and thinks to herself “score!” Don’t worry I sent him a very nice email letting him know I would make sure to enjoy *his* leftovers.

That’s all I got, so here are the goods:



INGREDIENTS (serves one big & hungry family)

1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
3 Roma Tomatoes, Chopped (lay out on paper towel to dry a bit)
1/4 cup olive oil
½ cup of Lemon Juice
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, softened and chopped
1 (4 ounce) package tomato basil feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.



Over a medium heat in a large pan sauté with your Olive Oil the garlic and sundried tomatoes, cook for about 5 minutes.



Next add in your Roma tomatoes and Lemon juice. You will want to cook this mixture until the tomatoes soften and lose their texture a bit (5-10 minutes).



While that is cooking you can toss the angel hair pasta into your pot and cook as listed on the box.



Once pasta is cooked drain and pour into a large bowl or back in the pot. Pour your tomato mixture on top of the pasta and toss.



Next comes all of the feta & Parmesan just pour it over the pasta and stir…oh the yumminess.



Now, we get our eat on. Holla.



Have a super weekend just in case I don’t make it back with another recipe!

4 comments:

Delicious Dishings said...

I would be very excited about those leftovers too! Anything that involves pasta, tomatoes, and cheese is a hit in my book!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Let me know how the basil comes out if you try it.

Pam said...

Now that's my kind of pasta! I love it when my husband forgets his leftover lunches :).

Patricia Scarpin said...

Give me anything with feta and I am a happy girl! What a delicious pasta dish!

theUngourmet said...

Nice! I love simple pastas with big flavor. Yummy!