Sunday, June 6, 2010

Whole Wheat Blackberry Muffins with Yogurt Chips



Good weekend overall, got to meet Minnie…the mouse. Indigo was definitely amazed seeing all her Disney characters come to life. I can even say that being there sort of inspired me a little. I definitely felt like I was in another place and I liked it. I think we might have to venture back there soon.

Other things that happened…discovered some baby hummingbirds that made a nest just 2 feet off the ground in our backyard. They are quite adorable since their little beaks are just as long as their whole bodies.



Now on to the food, Whole Wheat Blackberry Muffins



INGREDIENTS (makes 8 large muffins)

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ tsp of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons
1 ½ cup blackberries, halved
3 tbs yogurt chips (check you local whole foods store or Henry's)

DIRECTIONS


Pre-heat oven to 375, grease and line a muffin pan.



Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt into a large bowl. In another bowl, stir together the melted butter, egg, and milk. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and fold together until just blended (mixture should be slightly lumpy).



Next fold in you halved blackberries & yogurt chips, do not over mix!



Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, muffins will rise just a wee bit – but not dramatically…


Hot & with “some” butter.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Glad you like it & greetings from sunny and gorgeous (always) San Diego!

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

Blackberries make everything better! I'm sure these muffins are amazing, especially the one slathered with butter!

Pam said...

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!! They look beautiful and delicious.

Mary said...

They look great--I don't think I've ever had blackberries in a muffin, so must try these. And I'll have to look around for yogurt chips!
:)