Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bannen West Virginia & Me




This is a little trip through a particular place I grew up in and just recently visited again with my daughter and husband.


First thing to tell you is my grandparents are fabulous and wonderful people, they own the cutest little cottage in the mountains of West Virginia in a little place called Bannen. To get there you have about 1 hour of car time through twisting and winding roads…Indigo didn’t make it! If you can remember from your own childhood twisty roads are not good on kids…hence the carseat that had to be washed and placed on top of our rental to “air out”.





So once all that excitement had ended we explored a bit and I told my husband plenty of stories about *camp*, that is what we called it and now I would like to welcome you there! Please say hello to my Papa, his name is Howard.





And I need to warn you, there is no toilet inside. You pee in a pot at night unless you care to venture to the . . . .





Let me take you on a tour of the land, please don’t mind if my hubby and Indigo join us.


Here is my old swimming hole, I used to catch crawdad’s here & fish with Papa.





How about everyone comes downstairs to see what my Papa is doing





And just like normal, he is working. His job will never be done here, he loves this place.





Papa and Nanny also happen to own a church up here, they already have their gravestone planted and someday will call this place a home to their bodies.





Many people call this their final resting place, here are a few…









Now back to camp!~





Four Generations, how lovely




Have a blessed weekend! This was just a little from my past so we can get to know each other -Friday promises to be super busy so I am checking out early.

7 comments:

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I am new to your blog and am so glad I found it! What a wonderful post to stumble upon! You have a gorgeous family :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful piece of property! Gorgeous pictures as always!

Mary Bergfeld said...

The property is lovely but what shines through this post is love of family and continuity. How blessed you all are. Mary

Deborah said...

WHat a quaint place!!

theUngourmet said...

What a darling place! I would love to live somewhere this charming! Thanks for sharing your lovely family photos! :)

Shabs.. said...

Hi jennifurla,
Thanks for stopping by my place.Just logged in here to say thank u and viola!I discoved another piece of great art. Glad to follow you...

BTW, i loved ur family, ur doter is so adorable and so cute!...Loved the place as well...

Love,
shabs.

WendyinKK said...

Oh.... this place looks so lovely.

It's nice to see 4 generations together, which is rather a rare sight.