Thursday, July 1, 2010

Apple Cake Bars




Happy almost weekend Ya’ll! Have a very Happy 4th of July, one of the best holidays for eating around. We all know that saying “as American as apple pie”, well if you have any left over from any pie baking you might undertake this is an easy way to use them up. I had a few spare apples from my attempt to eat healthier this week – and so I made them into something that has 10x more calories – because that’s how I roll.


Again, Have a very happy 4th and be safe of course!





INGREDIENTS

• 1/2 cup melted butter
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1 tbs Turbinado sugar (for sprinkling)
• 1 1/2 cups apples - peeled, cored and finely diced





DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 8x8 inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, mix melted butter with sugar and egg. Mix in flour, baking soda, and cinnamon, and then stir in apple and oats. Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the raw sugar on top.

Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until a small knife inserted in the center comes out clean.





Let cool for at least 0ne hour prior to cutting, enjoy ladies and gents.

10 comments:

Alexia said...

These look great!

Mary Bergfeld said...

These bars look and sound delicious. Thanks for sharing them with us. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Tia said...

those look really good!

Deborah said...

I tend to love anything apple, so I'm sure these would be gone quickly!

Unknown said...

I just want you to know you're killing my healthy eating... ;)

WendyinKK said...

Oh... this looks so good!!!
I'm so definately going to try this.

Nirmala said...

Thanks for stopping by again. You live in San Diego which must be a GREAT place to have a garden. You could start in containers, if space is an issue, with herbs.

These bars look great!

Rick said...

These look so good! They brought a smile to my face.

ann low said...

I love apple and cinnamon and this looks so delicious!

Diana's Cocina said...

These apple cake bars sound wonderful.