Saturday, July 24, 2010

Raspberry Gratin




There has not been too much that I have tasted so far since Friday, my taste buds are shot and I can barely inhale any air through my nostrils...


Anyways on Friday I was made aware of a Smitten Kitchen recipe for something called a Raspberry Gratin, the pictures and comments sold me. I left early from work on Friday because I felt ill but still picked up the 3, that's right 3 ingredients. Come Saturday morning I was in a world of hurt but the kitchen still called my name and this can awaken your taste buds for sure.







INGREDIENTS (makes 1 dish to be split by 2 - use a small saucer)


1/2 cup of raspberries
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup brown sugar


Let's get our gratin on!


DIRECTIONS


Raspberries & Sour cream, fold together - place brown sugar on top


Need pics?










Place under your broiler on the middle rack until sugar starts to caramelize, remove from oven & enjoy immediately!





It cracks open and reveals a creamy inside, mine was decadent and tasty -




Here is the link to the original recipe :
http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/07/raspberry-brown-sugar-gratin/#more-6578

13 comments:

À LA GRAHAM said...

looks AMAZING and so simple...love it! And I love your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

What a perfect summer thing to make..... quick and easy and using fresh berries. Love this idea!

Larissa said...

I love the step-by-step pictures...so helpful!

WendyinKK said...

I can imagine the smell of it fresh from the oven, definately super!!!

Nirmala said...

What a great way to use berries. I wish I were a little more willing to cook fruit. I think it's so good as is, why bother messing with nature's beauty.

Reeni said...

What a scrumptious little treat this is! And so easy it's almost magic.

Unknown said...

You had me at raspberry!!! I saw this recipe on Deb's site and wanted to try it.. now I'm really going to have to try it! Yum!

Ali said...

"Easy" is such a lovely word, especially during the summer when I want to spend less time in the kitchen and more time outdoors.

This looks so perfectly simple. I'm dying to try it!

Jess @ Sugar High said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad you like it :)

This recipe sounds delicious! And you gotta love how simple it is :)


Jess
asugarhigh.blogspot.com

Rick said...

That looks so so so good. I say that a lot but I really mean it. It is very elegant and pretty. Simple too.

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious - no wonder, sick or not, you had to make it! :D

Garcon de Croissant said...

The gratin looks so yummy and I can't believe how easy the recipe is. It's like creme brulee but a lot less work!

Sara said...

Mmmm, this looks like SUCH a delicious dessert! I love raspberries and this looks like a perfect use for them. :)