Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mushroom Chicken Bake




Meat, yet another request of “please Jennifurla could you manage to cook up some meat for your man…man!” Well I do aim to please so I set out on an allrecipes.com search-athon for some sort of semi-homemade casserole slash chicken dish.


I found it, modified it and am dishing it up






INGREDIENTS

4-6 thin cut chicken breast
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1-2 eggs for coating chicken
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 package of Crimini Mushrooms
1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
½ cup of Chicken Broth
2 ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tbs cornstarch
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper


DIRECTIONS


Pre-heat you oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking dish.





Dip each piece of chicken into your whisked eggs and coat with salt & pepper then your bread crumbs. Sauté each piece of chicken in olive oil until lightly browned on each side, chicken need not cook all the way through. Place each cooked piece into your baking dish.





Now for the sauce - Over a medium high heat sauté your garlic and mushrooms lightly with a dab of olive oil for about 5 minutes. Next add in your chicken broth and cream of mushroom soup, mix well and bring to a simmer, next add in your cornstarch and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Once it thickens a bit we need to (picture demonstration)





CHICKEN...SAUCE...keep pouring....CHEEEEESE (never hurts)






Bake for 20-35 minutes depending oh how thick your chicken is. Mine cooked for 25. During these 25 minutes I : unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded the diswasher, wiped the counters down, gave my child a whirlwind bath and straightened up my face..the toughest of all my tasks!


OUT OF THE OVEN , just add a wee bit of salt & pepper now for taste.





ON THE TABLE...A wee bit missing –You are welcome husband! I served this chicken over some penne pasta from Trader Joes, the frozen pasta. What a time saver to not have to boil water and make the pasta.



8 comments:

Eileen said...

This looks really good! I am not much of a meat eater or meat cooker myself, but, I do like chicken and this looks amazing with the mushrooms and sauce and cheese and garlic! Yummy!

WendyinKK said...

No vege?
I can't eat a meal w/o a good serving of vegetables, any kind.

Anonymous said...

this is awesome..I could never say NO to this!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks delicious. When delicious is combined with easy a recipe is a sure-fire winner. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Ingrid_3Bs said...

YUM! Looks like a dish that would be a winner with everyone sitting at my table. :) Thanks!
~ingrid

angthan said...

We had this for dinner tonight and this recipe is definitely going in the keeper file!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you liked it!

SnoWhite said...

This looks like my kind of dinner! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe.