Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tomato Salad with Arugula, Mozzarella, Avocado, & Nuts




Even here over at the Sugar Spectrum we enjoy a salad every once and awhile, this one was very filling and was the main course a few nights ago. My husband didn’t even complain on lack of meat (that’s what she said) – ok I am cracking myself up here…


INGREDIENTS (makes 3 salads)


3 Large tomatoes, medium slices
1 Red Onion, sliced thin
Arugula
Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
1 Avocado, pitted & chopped lightly
Olive Oil, for drizzling
Balsamic Vinaigrette
2 tbs Mixed & Chopped nuts
Salt & Pepper


DIRECTIONS


Soak your thinly sliced onion in a bowl of water for 20 minutes. Lightly coat your Arugula with the Balsamic.


Now we simply arrange. Sorry I am not a wordy poster….as you can tell.





Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper






Arugula






Mozzarella, Nuts, Avocado chunks, little more Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper






Fork, mouth, belly (preferably in that order)

13 comments:

Tracy said...

So fresh and simple, I love it!!

Kaydee said...

That looks amazing! I want to eat it right now...for breakfast!

Kellie (or SunnySide) =)

Mary Bergfeld said...

This really sounds delicious. It's simple and fresh and all those good things summer food shoul be. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Larissa said...

Gorgeous! Does soaking the onion help it to be a little less pungent?

Sue said...

I love this kind of salad...the kind you can sink your teeth into:) Love all the ingredients!

BTW, your little Indigo is a doll!

Unknown said...

Newlywed - yes it does, just a wee bit!

The Cilantropist said...

HAHA, love your little joke at the beginning! ;) And this salad looks so fresh, it has all the things that I love. Ah... summer!

Shandy said...

Gorgeous salad! I absolutely LOVE fresh tomato slices and nuts in a salads. The alternating textures and flavors are wonderful together.

scrambledhenfruit said...

Avocados and nuts...yummers. This salad looks like a quick delicious dinner. Thanks!

Kathleen said...

Wow! That's an amazing looking salad!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Yes, I'll take two of those please!

Shannon said...

oh my god. need now. this looks delicious.

Mozzarella Salad Avocado / Tomato/ said...

Mozzarella Salad Avocado / Tomato/
.
.
.
http://foof-drink.blogspot.com/2014/07/mozzarella-salad-avocado-tomato.html