Friday, July 23, 2010

Potatoes Smothered in a Blue Cheese Sauce with Chives & Walnuts




Have you ever thought to yourself while cooking “Man this dish is just not doing it for me, I hope this wasn’t a waste of ingredients”, I do. This is one of those dishes, after thinking those "this food is gonna suck" thoughts I was very surprised when my husband proclaimed it to be heavenly…yah! SCORE.





INGREDIENTS

15-20 red baby potatoes, skinned
3 celery stalks, sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
4-5oz blue cheese, crumbled
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup Walnuts, chopped
2 tbs Chives, chopped
1 tbs flour, for thickening of sauce
1 tbs butter
Salt & Pepper


DIRECTIONS





Bring a hot pot of water to boil with your potatoes in it, boil for 15 minutes total – during the last 5 minutes add in your celery and red onion. Drain, toss with butter, cover, and set aside.


*Potatoes should not be totally MUSH, keep an eye on them while boiling.





In a small sauce pan heat your cream & blue cheese until combined, add in your flour and stir until thickened.


Pour your sauce over the potatoes and top with chives & walnuts –





Have a Fantastic weekend, try to have a nice glass of wine with a side of relaxation.

18 comments:

Bo said...

This one would be a winner for me too...well minus the celery...I hope to find a few glasses "bottles" of wine this weekend.

Unknown said...

Oh me too for sure, I was being fairly cheap with my wine choices for the week (made a run to Trader Joes) but hopefully some of the bottles pan out! Happy sipping :)

Pam said...

I would love anything smothered in a blue cheese sauce, especially potatoes... this looks fantastic.

The salad down below looks amazing too!

The Cilantropist said...

Wow! I definitely think it looks awesome, although I know what you mean about thinking something might be a dud... Have a great weekend, hope we get some sun here! :)

Anonymous said...

So glad to have found your blog! Love your recipes and great pictures..... Have a great weekend!

Kristen said...

In my house, you can't go wrong with potatoes. The blue cheese sauce sounds great.

Chef Dennis Littley said...

great potatoes!! I love blue cheese and those walnuts really are a nice touch...I bet they were so tasty!

Garcon de Croissant said...

Your mise en place photo looks lovely!

Readable Eatables said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog! You're recipes look awesome, can't wait to try them :)

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Jennifurla, I tried to email you from your comment on my blog but looks like your Blogger acct isn't hooked to an email.... Just wanted to say I hope you feel better so soon. And, sometimes (if kiddos cooperate) weekends of snuggling, reading, movies and relaxing can be the best! :) Feel better soon....

Unknown said...

Thanks Kim, Woke up this morning hurtin' baking for the kidlet still as it is the best medicine. I will have to check out the email thing, thanks!

Unknown said...

Oh this looks so wonderful! I'll be trying this soon!
By the way...I've passed on some awards to you, check out my post from this morning...it's down towards the bottom:
http://jennsfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2010/07/there-once-was-lakediary-of-bad.html

Val said...

Sweet Mercy!!!!!! Those look divine!!!!!

Flourchild said...

Yum this looks incredible. I love red potatoes! Thank you for the recipe and for visiting my blog!

Yasmeen said...

Lovely potato salad :D

Mary Bergfeld said...

What an amazing side dish. I love anything smothered in blue cheese :-). This sounds better than wonderful. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

À LA GRAHAM said...

I love potatoes...any way I can have them. The saddest thing is that no one else in my family does...so depressing.

NEL, the batter baker said...

This looks absolutely delish! And your photos are lovely.
Thanks for dropping by my blog :) Hope you'll find some recipes that work well for you and your family.
Cheers!