Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Birthday Girl & Her Berry Good Smoothie




Happy Birthday to Indigo
Happy Birthday to Indigo
Happy Birthday dear Indigooooo
Happppppy Birthday to you!


Any many, many, many more.


Today my girl turns two!





I like to confess things on this blog and today I am making a confession for Indigo…


Indigo confesses that she would rather eat fruit then eat any of my baked goods.


There she said it, maybe one day she will change her mind – but for today she leaves you with a smoothie recipe.


Just one more thing…Indigo – thanks for being Indigo.





INGREDIENTS - makes 1 large smoothie

½ cup OJ
¼ cup Greek Yogurt, plain
½ of a banana
¼ cup of blueberries
¼ cup of strawberries, 2 normal sized berries
3 ice cubes





DIRECTIONS


Blend together and enjoy – SERVE in wine glasses for a fancier feeling.





I plan on a festive evening with my husband and daughter, I hope anyone who reads this can also enjoy a wonderfully happy and relaxing night with their own family!

14 comments:

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Happy Birthday, Indigo! Love her sweet curls.

My kiddos love their fruit and their smoothies, too.
~ingrid

Larissa said...

I would like that smoothie for my birthday too, and I confess I am a bit over the age of two. Hope you all enjoyed the festivities...two is such a fun age.

WendyinKK said...

Happy birthday Indigo.
It's actually very smart of her to choose fresh fruits over sweet bakes, fresh fruits are definately better than cooked ones.

Cristina {Teenie Cakes} said...

Happy b-day to your beautiful baby-girl with a healthy outlook in prefering fruits.

Like this smoothie and it must be really cold with those ice cubes and great texture from the Greek yogurt. It's a meal, for sure!

Judy said...

Happy bee-day Indigo! I can't wait till your mom flys me out to cali to make your sweet 16 cake! LOL

Cori said...

Happy happy birthday, Indigo girl!

PS I think all beverages should be served in wine glasses. I love to feel fancy.

Bo said...

Happy Birthday Indigo. That's actually a very good thing that she prefers fruit. Most kids prefer cake.

La Bella Cooks said...

Happiest Birthday to Indigo! This berry smoothie is right up my alley as well.

Unknown said...

A very big happy birthday to Indigo!! Thats a really cute picture of her..

Lovely berry smoothie..A perfect summer treat!!

Eliana said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. This smoothie looks like just the perfect breakfast treat to get anyone's day started in the right direction.

Shandy said...

Indigo is adorable. Happy Birthday to you Indigo!!! Love how she wants fruit. Hopefully this will continue for years to come =). Love the smoothie too, YUM!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, Happy Birthday, baby girl! I'd love to share your smoothie with you! :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Indigo!! (She is so adorable!!) I'm with her, I'd love a smoothie too!!!

The Cilantropist said...

Awww, I missed this when you first posted it but I hope your daughter had an awesome birthday! She is just too cute in that photo you posted, her little curls are just beautiful. :)