Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Chocolate Covered Blueberries




Normally I like a freshly baked cookie crumbled over my ice cream, that is my go to. I was trying to be a little bit to the left this time so I decided to try blueberries covered in chocolate, I had some leftover from our smoothie making and the Wilton's Dark Chocolate Candy melts to boot...and some sprinkles of course.







INGREDIENTS


Fresh Blueberries
Wilton's Dark Chocolate Candy Melts, or chocolate of your choice
Sprinkles


DIRECTIONS


Place your blueberries in little mounds on parchment paper







Melt your chocolate in a double boiler and pour by the spoonful over your mounds, or you could even pour all the blueberries into your bowl of melted chocolate then pour back onto the parchment...this is ice cream topping so don't worry about the whole pretty factor! Top with sprinkles while still hot.


Let cool then enjoy (I cooled mine quickly in the fridge), these lil guys just pop in your mouth - totally an easy treat


16 comments:

Katrina said...

And now you can say those are much healthier, since it has fruit! ;)

WendyinKK said...

Great idea!

Tracy said...

So cute, and they look delicious!

Unknown said...

What a perfect way to eat blueberries...covered in chocolate.. YUM!!!

Reeni said...

A flavor combo I never tried! But I bet it's divine!

scrambledhenfruit said...

Yum! I'll have to try these- so easy!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a wonderful combination. These sound delicious. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A nice combination! so delicious.

Cheers,

Rosa

Justin said...

those are so cute. i love ideas for using up ingredients too, like sometimes when I have an odd amount of chocolate left, I just dunk some pretzels in it for an easy treat.

Rick said...

That is such a good idea! I never thought of doing that. It is like those Godiva ones.

Khaddy said...

i absolutley love chocolate covered fruit
and this is perfect because its blueberry season
thanks for posting

Valerie Gamine said...

How adorable! Chocolate covered...anything is amazing, but chocolate covered blueberries! Wow.

Jess @ Sugar High said...

I wish I had some blueberries now

Lorraine said...

Great idea! I bet they are delicious!

SnoWhite said...

oh, yummy!

FOODESSA said...

I guess, I can let go of my fresh blueberries with this treat anytime. Chocolate can only taste better this way ;o)

Flavourful wishes,
Claudia