Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Chick Pea Pasta with Red Pepper and Feta





Dang so I am sitting here watching TV and this commercial comes on for some L'Oréal lip stain called *bitten* and the spokes person is Jessica Biel, want....want to look like her....as I sit her eating my cheese typing up food posts! LOL



I often find myself enjoying a snack a littttttle bit too much and then I need some supermodel on TV to snap me out of it! So, thanks Jessica.


Here's the pasta.





INGREDIENTS

8oz Penne Pasta
1 Red onion, sliced thin
I red pepper, seeded and sliced
2 tbs Olive oil
1 14oz can of chopped tomatoes
1 can of chick peas
1 tsp dried oregano
1 bay leaf
2 tbs capers
1/2 cup feta, crumbled


>


DIRECTIONS

Boil pasta as directed and set aside.


In a sauce pan saute your onion and red pepper in your olive oil for about 5-8 minutes or well softened. Add in the tomatoes, chick peas, herbs and capers. Simmer mixture for about 10 minutes, remove bay leaf then pour over your pasta. Last thing to do is to add in your feta, toss and enjoy.


9 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks delightful. I am going to give this a try.

scrambledhenfruit said...

I love chickpeas in anything! Great way to get some protein in the dish. Thanks for sharing :)

Larissa said...

This looks delicious and nice and quick! I love chickpeas with pasta. Do you think roasted red pepper would work here too?

Unknown said...

I want to look like Jessica too!! :) The pasta looks incredible! I'm not a huge fan of chickpeas, but this dish makes me want them.

Reeni said...

Some of my favorites all rolled up in one delicious pasta dish! I would of just kept on eating...

Tracy said...

I am so loving simple pastas right now, and this one is no exception! Yum!

Unknown said...

This looks like a wonderful summer pasta! Thanks for the post.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A very healthy and delicious comniation! I could eat chickpeas at every meal...

Cheers,

Rosa

Mlle Fraise said...

It looks delicious! Great job!