Sunday, July 11, 2010
Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas
Yesterday was one of those great days spent lounging in our new home; we woke quite early in order to get everything cleaned and glistening for company. Me and my husband are a great pair when it comes to cleaning and tag teaming our little 1600 square foot piece of California. So after everything is ready and the little misses is up from her nap we had company over to make a wonderful treat for this summer, frozen chocolate covered bananas with sprinkles.
INGREDIENTS FOR FROZEN CHOCOLATE COVERED BANANA’S
Chocolate, I used one bag of Wilton’s Candy Melts
Sprinkles, I used Wiltons
First prep the banana’s, cut in half and skewer with your wooden sticks.
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over a medium high heat, dip each banana in the chocolate until covered. I used a spoon to cover any part of the banana’s that was not coated.
Once coated dip it into your sprinkles. I laid mine on plate so I could easily coat the bananas.
Place on a parchment lined pan and store in your freezer for at least 4 hours – Then enjoy.
And now for the outcome...
Later that evening after company left and we had a 2nd course of banana’s I was really happy to come across an award I have been given! Woo hoo, first one I am so very honored because well….food blogging is fun
Delightfully accepted, given from:
I was only asked to list 10 things about myself & 10 things that make me happy. I will be short & sweet – and interlaced with a small Indigo photo shoot with the frozen Naners.
10 Things about Jennifurla:
1. I am a former Navy girl, stationed on the USS John C Stennis for 5 years.
2. I met my husband on that ship.
3. Techno Music makes my heart skip a beat, in a good way.
4. My heart pumps half blood and half white wine.
5. I dye my hair black.
6. I am 6ft tall.
7. I do not like Nutella, sorry! Ha
8. My cat often licks the fur off her back end so I call her “bald butt Bella”.
9. I don’t smoke anymore.
10. I watch way too much MTV for my age.
10 things that make me Happy:
2. Husband & Indigo
3. My wonderfully normal extended family
4. A clean house
5. Rain, thunder, lightning - if you live in San Diego you would know why rain makes us happy!
6. Sleep, it used to be a struggle for me but I think I got it now!
7. White wine, which is sort of a theme here in this blog.
10. Husband and Indigo…and yes I know I already said that.