Saturday, July 17, 2010

Brussel Sprouts with a Garlic & Pancetta Sauce





Hello, my name is Jennifurla and I am a Brussel Sprout addict...Nice to meet you. There, now that we have that out of the way I can let you in on a fantastic little side dish - unless you are an addict like me, if so this can easily be your main meal. Another confession to get out of the way, I like butter..more like love and if you are scared of it you might need to step away from the computer.


Alright I think I have warned you enough.







INGREDIENTS


1 1/2 pounds Brussel Sprouts (roasted or from a steamer bag)..another confession - mine were the frozen steamer bag type.
6 tbs butter
3 oz Pancetta, diced
1 tsp Olive Oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
Parmesan Cheese (optional)







DIRECTIONS

Over a medium high heat saute your diced Pancetta in Olive oil until nice and crispy, drain and set aside.







Next melt your 6 tbs of butter over a medium heat, add your garlic and simmer for about 5 minutes. Next add in your Pancetta and simmer for


another 5-8 minutes. Does this smell good or does this smell good?







You are only left with one chore and to be honest it is hardly a chore, pour the sauce over your Brussel Sprouts and top with some Parmesan cheese.



12 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I am also a Brussel sprout addict! That dish looks just wonderful!

Cheers,

Rosa

Kristen said...

What gorgeous pictures! I am not a Brussels sprout fan, but I could be convinced to try something that pretty.

Michelle said...

You're killing me with the brilliant dishes lately! I love the sprouts as well and butter and pork products improve EVERYTHING, so this like "Clash of the Nummy Titans" for me.

WendyinKK said...

I'll be trying this out the next time I get some brussel sprouts. But I don't have pancetta here, so I'll subtitute with bacon.

Reeni said...

My Dad is a brussels sprouts addict! He's always giving me hints...he would love this! And I think this might make a convert out of me too...

Michele said...

Not sure why but I always have a hard time posting comments here. Maybe this time it will work. I ate Brussels sprouts last week for the first time and they were yummy. I thought they tasted just like cabbage, with a little more bite. I just ate them raw in an Asian salad but I'll have to try them cooked too, these look yummy!

Bake-A-Holic said...

This brussels sprouts dish looks amazing. When they're in season, I love to make them for a side dish.

First time here. Love the blog. Great photos and recipes.

Cheers!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Confession time? I've never had brussel sprouts. Confession #2, I never wanted to try them. Third one, now I want to. :)
~ingrid

Bo said...

We share the same addiction...usually i eat mine roasted. This looks like something I'll have to try.

Mary said...

I love brussels sprouts too! I usually just roast them with olive oil and eat them as a main course. Can't wait to find them in the markets here again. This reminds me of a dish I was totally addicted to when I was working in Lake Oswego, Oregon. I ordered these almost daily!

Annalise said...

I LOVE brussel sprouts and this recipe looks amazing! Can't wait to try it!

Delicious Dishings said...

I'm a brussels sprouts addict too! I like making them with shallots and bacon so I can easily see how garlic and pancetta would be equally delicious!